Solved

SIM Usage

• 25 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I bought a pay as you go sim for £8 to give me 4gb of data. The Sim is plugged into a router at our community centre in order to work the HIVE controller for the heating. It used …

255mb 13th Jan

99mb 14th Jan

3mb 25th Jan

Now my account is saying I have £0.00 balance so just wondering where the rest of the date has gone?

Anyone else had this problem please?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 January 2023, 10:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When did you start using the PAYG SIM @Claire Yeo?

Sounds like you purchased an £8 bundle with 4GB data allowance for your PAYG, which only lasts for 30-days, or less if you use all the data before the bundle expires.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Give up on an internet heating controller such as HIVE/ NEST & you wouldn’t have this grief! Can’t you fit a conventional controller such as HONEYWELL/ ESi do?

When did you start using the PAYG SIM @Claire Yeo?

Sounds like you purchased an £8 bundle with 4GB data allowance for your PAYG, which only lasts for 30-days, or less if you use all the data before the bundle expires.

I’ve spoken to ID now and they have explained this to me. I’ve never had a pay as you go sim just pay monthly sims. I thought it was a case of pay once and then this same amount is taken out each month! Lol! Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated.

Give up on an internet heating controller such as HIVE/ NEST & you wouldn’t have this grief! Can’t you fit a conventional controller such as HONEYWELL/ ESi do?

Thanks for the advice but the reason I had an internet controlled one fitted is because I run the hall as a volunteer, work full time and have 3 small children. The hall is extremely busy and not all classes are regular so I found myself running back and forth from my home all this costing fuel from my own pocket and time out of an already busy life to change timers constantly so all hall users are nice and toasty there.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve spoken to ID now and they have explained this to me. I’ve never had a pay as you go sim just pay monthly sims. I thought it was a case of pay once and then this same amount is taken out each month! Lol! Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated.

Okay @Claire Yeo, you can add a recurring payment method for your iD PAYG account. Doing this effectively makes PAYG the same as pay monthly. 

Anyway, good luck @Claire Yeo

Okay @Claire Yeo, you can add a recurring payment method for your iD PAYG account. Doing this effectively makes PAYG the same as pay monthly. 

Anyway, good luck @Claire Yeo

Thanks again for your help and yes it’s all sorted thanks. I’ve logged the card, set it up to recur and we now have heating! Lol!

Cheers :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Claire Yeo,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance you can always gets back to us on the Community!

Kash

Why iD Mobile?