Solved

Still waiting to use my new ID mobile number

• 28 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I switched to ID phone, have received a welcome pack, already received an invoice for the first month but the promised switch over has not happened.  I have tried registering my account - no luck. I have tried contacting ID Mobile - no luck at all. There is simply no form of help available that doesn’t require me to sign in or register, yet when I do both systems fail.  

icon

Best answer by Tyler 28 February 2023, 16:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ken.W, for real-time assistance with your iD account use the iD online live chat service  at https://idmobile.co.uk/contactus (scroll-down to “Our Help & Support services” - look for “Chat to us” button). 

If live chat doesn’t work, then try contacting the iD social media customer support team on Facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by DM).

The iD agents only work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).

The iD moderators working in this forum only check-in once-a-day to read user posts, often less frequently.

Thank you very much, andewhite, and so prompt. I’ll try your suggestions, though I think I’ve tried them before.  My problem may be that I don’t have a smart phone, just an ordinary mobile, which I give to my wife when she goes into hospital. All we use it for is - drumroll - making phone calls.  I think us 80 year olds are now surplus to requirements.  Ken.W

Userlevel 3

I switched to ID phone, have received a welcome pack, already received an invoice for the first month but the promised switch over has not happened.  I have tried registering my account - no luck. I have tried contacting ID Mobile - no luck at all. There is simply no form of help available that doesn’t require me to sign in or register, yet when I do both systems fail.  

Hey Ken, thank you so much for contacting us via our Community page, and we’d be more than happy to assist you further.

Please can you just confirm for us whether you are porting your mobile number over to us (Switching it from another network), or if you have simply just bought a new contract from us and you’re a new customer who’s just wanting to set up their new ID Mobile account? 

If you’re trying to port your number over to us, then you will need to fill out the form below with the relevant details:

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk

If you need to register account, you can do so via the link below. Please note, you can only register with an email address once, so if you’ve used this email address with ID Mobile before, you would need to choose a different one.

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ja/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

If you’re unable to complete the switch or register via either of those links and are still having issues, then please do let us know so we can discuss further options for you and aim to assist you further.

Thank you very much,

Tyler

Thank you, Tyler.  I have filled in the form to transfer my old number: [REDACTED]

It is a new ID pay by month SIM card account for me, but porting my old number.

I have an ID account number, a PIN, and a Transaction Number too.  I can provide these.

But I have tried to register using both my old and new numbers, with the right email address and my correct year of birth, only to have all attempts at registration rejected.

I also was on 24/2/23 informed that my portage had been accepted and that my phone would be connected yesterday (27/2/23), with email notification. But this has not happened.

It would be great if you could get my account and phone activated  - hope so very much.

Thank you,

Ken

Hello Tyler again

Still no phone service, promised for 27/2/23, though ID Mobile has all my details.  What happens next?

Thank you,

Ken

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ken.W 

I’ve edited your post to remove your PAC code, I’d recommend against sharing personal details such as a PAC code on this public platform.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?