Solved

unable to add card

Userlevel 1

Have tried to add my card details to top up my sons phone both on the website and app but have been unable to do so. Need to do this urgently. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by groovycarrot 17 January 2023, 03:02

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Johnstonia7 

Have you been able to try adding the card details via the website or app on a different device?

What seems to be the issue when you input the card details? Do you get an error?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Haven’t tried another device but it always comes back with “something went wrong, try again later” message

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Haven’t tried another device but it always comes back with “something went wrong, try again later” message

If you do this online in your “My iD Account” and it doesn’t work, to me that suggests their is something wrong with the iD account, or something more fundamentally wrong with iD Mobile’s billing systems.

When I had an iD plan I did not use or trust the iD app - always used the “My iD Account” online portal.

Anyway, good luck @Johnstonia7

Userlevel 1

Tried both online account and app and didn’t work in either situation, will try another device to see if this works but very annoying that you can’t just use one or the other in a straight forward manner like all other networks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Tried both online account and app and didn’t work in either situation, will try another device to see if this works but very annoying that you can’t just use one or the other in a straight forward manner like all other networks

Indeed @Johnstonia7, seems iD online accounts are not always as reliable as they should be. 
If your son’s PAYG, can’t you get a top-up voucher and do it that way?

Userlevel 1

Have tried multiple devices now and still unable to solve the problem. Can’t even put card details in now, just immediately pops up with the something went wrong message. Unable to even top up account. 
I myself have an idmobile contract and never had this issue, the problems with this pay as you go account are atrocious however!! Very frustrating 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do the card holder address and the address linked to your son’s iD account match?

Maybe the best thing to do is switch your son to another mobile network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Have tried multiple devices now and still unable to solve the problem. Can’t even put card details in now, just immediately pops up with the something went wrong message. Unable to even top up account. 
I myself have an idmobile contract and never had this issue, the problems with this pay as you go account are atrocious however!! Very frustrating 

Hey @Johnstonia7,

I believe this may be due to increased security checks via Banks.

Can you please try via an updated Chrome Browser on the computer or MyAccount website?

Mohammed

I also have this problem; it's a bug on the backend, and not related to browser version - I've used the app and the website though they are the same thing anyway

Can we get this fixed as it is basically making idmobile unusable for me. The web chat operator was very helpful and topped my account up for me which will get me by for now, but that was 2 weeks ago and this problem is still persisting.

I tried to get an error code when using the website but I couldn't see anything obvious at a glance in the response logs

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @groovycarrot

We have fed this back aleady and believe it’s being looked into.

We hope that it’s resolved soon.

Mohammed

This is still a problem for me, and again pretty much makes this SIM useless if I can't top it up. Is there any idea when this will be fixed?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Don’t expect too much @groovycarrot.

I’ve reported three or four repeatable errors for online self-service services to iD over the last 12 months, and none of these have been fixed.

Oh I've managed to get it to work by entering my address in the profile - but it actually only worked when I used the address search box using post code on the website, which filled out the form differently to how I had entered it

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, the old address problem.

When the iD account’s billing address doesn’t match the card holder address problems invariably arise.

I know that giffgaff allow a customer to top-up another customer’s account, which is useful in a family group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @groovycarrot 

Glad to hear you’ve managed to get that sorted, thank you for letting us know how you did it so we can better advise in the future.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Have tried to add my card details to top up my sons phone both on the website and app but have been unable to do so. Need to do this urgently. Any ideas?

Yes, the pinned answer works. ….Remove your address and re enter it, using the postcode search box.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Mark Adsett,

Thanks for confirming this worked for you. Hopefully will help others with a fix!

Mohammed

I have exactly same problem. Can someone please help me to sorted? 

Can’t add my card and can’t top up my credit. Need help asap please. 

Can’t add my card and can’t top up my credit. Need help asap please. 

Still not working for me. Can someone help please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Piotr Zelias 

Have you made sure that the details in your iD Mobile account (Name, address etc) match exactly to that of your bank account?

Thanks, Tom

Why iD Mobile?