• 7 replies

Unlimited calls but charged for call to 447893921995, why

icon

Best answer by andewhite 23 October 2023, 14:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately that number falls within the non-standard 07 numbers range, so the call wasn’t able to use your call allowance @jbowsher.

There’s more about this online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges (in the “Standard out-of-plan changes” section).

Which refers to https://media.secure-mobiles.com/idmobile/documents/non-standard-07-numbers.pdf.

This is not correct. Else every call to UK mobile from UK mobile would be out of plan.

Do you mean 070 or 076 sub numbers rather than the 078 number I highlighted?

Personal numbering services (starting 070) per min £0.55
Pager calls (starting 076) £1.22
Corporate numbering service (starting 070) per min £0.55
Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The +44 7893 9-- --- number called falls in the begins with range of “078939”, contained in the iD Mobile list of non-standard 07 numbers.

There’s a link in the highlighted section which takes you to an extensive list of what iD Mobile call non-standard 07 numbers, which they exclude from call allowances. 

https://media.secure-mobiles.com/idmobile/documents/non-standard-07-numbers.pdf

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jbowsher,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that @andewhite has answered your question.

If you require further assistance, please get back to us here.

Kash

Yes Andrew much appreciated.  When I raised this in live chat was sent a link and they said 07 was out of plan, but the link only say pay for 07 mobile calls at set rate 40pm when out of plan.  But as unlimited calls would never get to this.

It could not be answered specifically where the 078939... Was identified as a non standard 07 number and what non standard means.  Would like to know what a FM10 number actually is.

I see it now.  It's very difficult to know if a mobile number actually falls in this.

Regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jbowsher 

We’ll feed this back.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It could not be answered specifically where the 078939... Was identified as a non standard 07 number and what non standard means.  Would like to know what a FM10 number actually is.

I see it now.  It's very difficult to know if a mobile number actually falls in this.

Regards 

@jbowsher, I think these non-standard numbers were originally allocated to telephony service providers, in the days preceding UK mobile number portability rules.

With the advent of OFCOM mobile number portability, a mobile number from the FM10 service provider range could be ported to another mobile operator where any non-standard charges should not apply.

Seems a grey area and perhaps iD should review their non-standard 07 mobile number charging, and maybe the live chat agents also need better training in this area.

Why iD Mobile?