Solved

APN Settings not accessible iPhone13 Mini

Userlevel 1

I cannot access APN Settings.  I can connect to European networks and can successfully make and receive phone calls but cannot access data.

I have contacted Apple who say that IF my network operator allows it then I can access APN Settings at, “

• Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network
  • Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

If your device doesn't have either option, contact your carrier.”

Mobile Data Network not Cellular Data Network show up under my phone at Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options

I have contacted ID Mobile numerous times via chat.  They repeatedly say that their technical team will call me but they never do.

I have raised a complaint and spoken to the complaints team twice by telephone.  They say that the technical team will contact me.  But they haven’t.

PLEASE HELP!

icon

Best answer by Peroni93 20 June 2023, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @TCorrin,

In some cases, APN settings may not be shown on your device.

I do have a method that seems to work for manually accesing the APNs.

Please try connecting the phone to WiFi and then open Safari and head to http://www.unlockit.co.nz/

(this website allows you to manually update APNs where the APN settings can’t automatically be updated or done via the phone settings).

Tap Create APN (on the website)
Change the Country to UK
Find iD in the list
Scroll down and tap Create APN
Tap  Allow on the pop-up then Install in the top right corner.

Then restart and make sure Data Roaming is turned on and test.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks Mohammed.  I’ve tried that last night and the APN settings still don’t show up, and the unlockit.Co.nz website says that I need to review the APN profile in Settings app on my phone and then install it.

So no help to me.

what next?  I still haven’t had a call from your tech team!!!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The unlockit.co.nz site mentions it hasn’t been updated for a while, but was known to work with iOS 12.

Given Apple promote iOS 16 as current version, perhaps the unlockit site isn’t reliable now.

You’re supposed to be able to get the relevant settings for your phone, with its iD SIM card, from the following online page:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings/settings-tool

You’d like to believe this included APN settings as well.

Userlevel 1

I have been through that page, including with ID Chat and ID Complaints on the phone.  It doesn’t actually include any ANP settings.

However, the ANP settings for all phones are available here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings

However, that is still no help because ID have set my phone menus so that I do not have access to change the APN settings!  Come on ID! How hard can it be?!!!

@Kash @Mohammed @andewhite @WelshPaul @Peroni93 

Userlevel 2

Honestly just give up and leave. I was told on 4 separate occasions that the technical support ticket has been raised and they’ll be in touch in 24hrs. It never happened.  

best

Userlevel 1

Customer complaints have just suggested that if I am not happy with the process they are following (note that they have achieved nothing on this since it started on 19 May) then I should feel free to leave their company!  I’ve asked for a recording of the conversation - apparently someone will be in contact within 30 days about making a SARS request, at which point I can ask them for a recording of the conversation!  Technical have never got back to me despite me being told that they would do so a number of times.  What chance of the SARS team calling me in 30 days?

Until then I have to wait for technical to get back in touch with me apparently.  Although the member of staff warned me that they usually don’t contact customers but leave a message for their colleagues.  No one has ever contacted me to give me a technical team response.

@Kash @Mohammed 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

apparently someone will be in contact within 30 days about making a SARS request, at which point I can ask them for a recording of the conversation!

No, that is not how a Data Subject Access Request is done! You can submit a request at anytime and iD Mobile must provide you with said data within 30 days of the request date.

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/your-right-to-get-copies-of-your-data/

Are you locked into a minimum term @TCorrin? If not just switch to SMARTY! They use the Three network just like iD Mobile (Their actually owned and run by Three) and offer better deals IMO. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TCorrin 

For the subject access have you been to the following link?

That’s where we’d typically direct customers who would like a subject access request, however if you have a complaint raised already and have mentioned this to them they may be preparing this for you.

Should you require an update on a raised complaint you can call the complaints team on 0800 049 2402 / 0800 049 1300.

Tom

Userlevel 1

@Tom 

thanks.  No, the complaints team directed me nowhere for a Subject Access Request.  They merely said that someone would be in contact within 30 days with information about how to start one.

Despite 48 hours having passed since the last time ID personnel contacted technical to get it progressed, nothing has happened.  I have tried to contact them via email and chat but without reply.

I am in Italy without data (on someone’s WiFi at the moment).  I cannot use the 0800 numbers you provide from abroad.  So cannot contact anyone about this, still unresolved problem.

No one has yet said that ID will get this issue fixed and they continue to charge me for a service they do not provide.

Userlevel 1

@Tom @Mohammed @Kash 

Dear Tom, Mohammed and Kash

I am intending to contact the press about this case as my next course of action.

Would you please review the two topics that I started on this topic as well as the chain of messages within the topics?  Would you please also ask your technical and complaints team to do the same?  I would like to ensure you have the opportunity to correct any factual inaccuracies before journalists get the story.

Please let me know if any corrections or comments you may have or confirm that you have none, by this time tomorrow.

Many thanks

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TCorrin,

We are sorry to hear that your issue is ongoing whilst abroad.

Since you posted have you managed to get any assistance?

We’ll need to PM you so that we can look into your complaint or any tickets that have been raised.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

No. As usual, no one from ID has been in touch!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @TCorrin,

We are working through all PM’s as quickly as possible.

We’ll be in touch shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I answered your private message yesterday with all the setups you requested.  No one has responded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TCorrin 

Please note on the iD Mobile community we aren’t a live chat and may take some time to get to messages, we’ll continue contact there.

Tom

Userlevel 1

@Tom @Kash @Mohammed 

this has been going on since 19 May.  This forum is not live.  Your love chat is not alive.  Your complaints team are useless and then disappear.  Your tech support team appear to be dead as they never ever get back to me as promised.

there really was no need to point out that it’s not live.  Trying to get a response out of ID Mobile is like trying to make the Monty Python Parrot sing.  It can’t.  [REDACTED].  It is deceased.  You couldn’t get a response if you wired it up and put 50,000 volts through it.

ID Mobile has no pulse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TCorrin 

We’ve just responded to your private message, I can see your complaint has been left with awaiting a response from you, I’d recommend contacting the complaints department on 0800 049 2402 or 0800 049 1300.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Last time I spoken to Complaints, the man I spoke to told me that if I don’t like the situation then I should leave ID Mobile.  They have not contacted me since then and there was no action point from their point of view.  So then marking the case that they are awaiting a response from me is a lie and appears to be a way of burying the case.  Does it say that he advised me to leave ID Mobile if I don’t like the service not working?  I suspect he didn’t type that but up.

Furthermore, I am abroad (working via wifi - my data roaming isn’t working still!) so I cannot telephone their 0800 numbers because ID Mobile do not allow me to call 0800 numbers from ID Mobile.

Please ask the Complaints Team to telephone me.

Hi @TCorrin 

We’ve just responded to your private message, I can see your complaint has been left with awaiting a response from you, I’d recommend contacting the complaints department on 0800 049 2402 or 0800 049 1300.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TCorrin 

Please continue contact via private messages.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Deer Tom

i have checked the private messages where you tell me that customer complaints is where I should head despite the fact that I have told you there and here that:

1. I cannot call customer complaints on their 0800 numbers from Italy because ID Mobile blokes calls to such numbers from overseas
  2. customer complaints have refused to do anything other than to invite me to leave ID Mobile if I don’t like the fact that you will not provide the service for which you continue to charge me

In conclusion, telling me to go to Customer Complaints is EXTREMELY unhelpful.  Please get the issue fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TCorrin 

We are responding to you via private messages.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Your response on Private Mesaage is that your colleagues have tried to contact me on my mobile number (untrue) and by email (untrue).  No one is trying to contact me from ID.  No one at ID is raising the issue with your technical team.  No one at OD is dealing with my complaint.

Please provide the service for which you continue to take  obey from my bank account for.  ID knows it is not providing the service but chooses to continue to help itself to money from my bank account.  Isn’t that dishonest?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TCorrin 

As we’ve mentioned the team have tried to contact you via calling and via email.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Tom, today at 10.44am is the first time that anyone has tried to contact me since this started on May 19.  You repeatedly telling me I am wrong when you have no access to my phone gone or email to see whether or not it is true is insulting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TCorrin 

As mentioned in the PMs with you we’ve asked the team to reach out to you again.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?