calls from abroad

I've been with id for maybe 6 years. Currently in Ibiza and can't make calls and can't get anyone to help. Seriously now plan to leave once contract ends. Appalling service:(

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Anniedef,

Have you got Roaming turned on in the iD app/account?

This is usually the first step to ensure you can connect to roaming services.

Mohammed

Yep on. I've had no problems in past but was unable to make a call for a week abroad so totally appalled by lack of help from id. I'm guessing your part of the community rather than an id advisor?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Anniedef,

I’m an iD Mobile Employee so I can support.

Can you clarify if you are connected to a network at the moment and if so, what network?

Are you able to use data services fine?

Also are you using the correct dialing code?

For UK mobile numbers like 07812345678 you would need to dial it as +447812345678 

This means sometimes editing your contacts to ensure it’s recorded as +44.

Mohammed

It's too late now. I'm back in UK. I could Whatsapp but couldn't use calls for a week!!!!!  Never happened before so unsure why this time. Disappointed and just as well didn't have any emergencies as I'd would have had some major complaints from me

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Anniedef 

I’m sorry to hear we couldn’t get this resolved while you were abroad, if you have these issues again or any other issues please let us know.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Several people reported as well that calls are not working in Azerbaijan although data works for all of us. 

Userlevel 1

Hey @Anniedef,

I’m an iD Mobile Employee so I can support.

Can you clarify if you are connected to a network at the moment and if so, what network?

Are you able to use data services fine?

Also are you using the correct dialing code?

For UK mobile numbers like 07812345678 you would need to dial it as +447812345678 

This means sometimes editing your contacts to ensure it’s recorded as +44.

Mohammed

I tried all of above which didn't help. 

The only option which works for me is VPNning back to UK and having "calls over Internet" option enabling.

This is not right and ID Mobile should fix the issue as a matter of urgency. I swayed a whole community of Azerbaijanis to switch to ID mobile because of roaming and now humiliated and ashamed. 😔

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Calling or texting in Band 2 destinations (unless it's the same destination you're in) or other international numbers isn’t supported. I’m not sure how to take this? Does that mean you can only call Azerbaijan to Azerbaijan while roaming there?

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

Userlevel 1

This is what helped me so far:

Settings > General management or System > Reset > Reset network settings
The network reset will delete all saved Wi-Fi networks from your phone, so you'll need to set these up again.

Userlevel 1

This is what helped me so far:

Settings > General management or System > Reset > Reset network settings
The network reset will delete all saved Wi-Fi networks from your phone, so you'll need to set these up again.

Apparently this works with Azercell but not with Bakcell.

Why iD Mobile?