Solved

How long can I keep roaming for?

• 10 October 2022
  • 5 replies

I’ve been in Jersey for two weeks, and my roaming has been working completely fine up till now. It now seems to have stopped working, and I’m wondering if that’s because I have a time limit with how long I can use roaming for? 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 October 2022, 14:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’d normally be able to roam for more than two weeks.
Perhaps you’ve reached your roaming data allowance limit - can you still call and text?

Your roaming data allowance is limited by the iD Mobile fair usage & open data policies.

See these online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy.

Good luck @MollyHal

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve been in Jersey for two weeks, and my roaming has been working completely fine up till now. It now seems to have stopped working, and I’m wondering if that’s because I have a time limit with how long I can use roaming for? 

Hey @MollyHal 

It’s 4-months before charges are applied as according to our Fair Usage Policy.

You may be facing an issue with the roaming masts or have hit your data limit.

Are calls and texts working fine?

Mohammed

I have no idea what to do. I haven’t hit my data limit, and I have unlimited calls and texts. None of these are working since yesterday now. I’ve been on Jersey since the 23/09, haven’t had any communication from ID about any issues with my roaming, and there’s nothing on my ID dashboard page to suggest why this might be happening. I’ve tried using the help bot or making a complaint but neither link exists for me - maybe because of my internet connection here. I can’t find any other avenue for contacting ID directly to ask why this is happening.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have no idea what to do. I haven’t hit my data limit, and I have unlimited calls and texts. None of these are working since yesterday now. I’ve been on Jersey since the 23/09, haven’t had any communication from ID about any issues with my roaming, and there’s nothing on my ID dashboard page to suggest why this might be happening. I’ve tried using the help bot or making a complaint but neither link exists for me - maybe because of my interest connection here. I can’t find any other avenue for contacting ID directly to ask why this is happening.

Okay @MollyHal,

You might have hit your data limit.
You do not get as much data roaming as you do in the UK.

Visit https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy, and then scroll down to the “Open data policy” section, where you can work out your monthly roaming data allowance.

If you’re having trouble with live chat and other links on the iD site, get assistance from the iD Mobile social media team on facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message - DM).

The normal iD support hours are 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends.

The social media team pick-up out-of-hours messages when they next start work.

Good luck @MollyHal

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have no idea what to do. I haven’t hit my data limit, and I have unlimited calls and texts. None of these are working since yesterday now. I’ve been on Jersey since the 23/09, haven’t had any communication from ID about any issues with my roaming, and there’s nothing on my ID dashboard page to suggest why this might be happening. I’ve tried using the help bot or making a complaint but neither link exists for me - maybe because of my internet connection here. I can’t find any other avenue for contacting ID directly to ask why this is happening.

Hey @MollyHal,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?