Solved

Huawei 4g Wifi abroad

• 20 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I wanted to use my ID phone sim in a Three Huawei wifi unit whilst in Spain for a week so my wife could connect to it . Whilst it worked in the UK it didn’t work in Spain. I have data roaming turned on and the sim worked in a phone. Any suggestions thanks.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 21 September 2022, 10:42

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You might need to manually select the Spanish roaming partner, on the Huawei mobile broadband router.

Have you double-checked the Huawei is using the correct APN settings?

Anyway, good luck @Andyo15

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am back in Uk now but hopefully will be returning so might have have a think about that but it’s probably too complicated for my limited skills!. Certainly works in Uk so I guessed setting should be ok as it’s Three router.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Andyo15, it might be a Three router, but you’re using it on the iD Mobile network, and when roaming it’ll be using the iD roaming partner network - not the Three roaming partner.

Although iD use the Three UK mobile network, they are different companies, and have different identities on mobile networks.

I’ve seen posts in this forum reporting APN values as “three” instead of “id”, while trying to roam in Europe (using an iD SIM card).

Also, iD don’t provide any support mobile broadband routers on their network, although this doesn’t mean they won’t work.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks again that makes sense, I did wonder if it was considered ‘tethering’ and not allowed but from what I gathered that is ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You’ll also need to make sure you have the right APN settings as @andewhite  said.

That said, by default, any unapproved device might get APN settings for Three UK, which work fine in the UK but not abroad.

Our APN settings are found here:

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks Mohammed - I will give that a try!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Andyo15 

If you require any further assistance, please get back to us.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?