Question

Incorrect/additional Roaming charges

• 1 May 2023
  • 5 replies

I am currently travelling through Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden) and have been charged £46 in additional charges. Is there anyway to resolve this as I was told that there is no charges outside of my contract for those countries.

Thanks,

Ben

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ben Gladstone 

I’m sorry to hear this Ben, have you checked your bill to see what the charges are for exactly?

Roaming in Denmark, Norway and Sweden wouldn’t incur extra charges however if you’ve roamed while on a ferry this may have incurred extra charges.

Tom

Hi Tom,

We did take a ferry ride so I'm guessing this is where the charges have come from. I didn't realise/wasn't told that going on a ferry would affect the roaming charges as I was travelling to and from countries included in the free roaming area. Is there anyway of rectifying this as the cost would be a massive financial strain at the moment. I feel like this should have been stated before.

Thanks

Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ben Gladstone 

Charges for roaming while on a ferry are outlined on our website here, unfortunately these charges will stand.

We’d recommend setting a bill cap in the iD Mobile app to avoid unwanted, out of allowance charges.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I understand the charges and bill cap, something I didn’t realise before travelling and I have now since changed. My concern is that I was connected to the ferry wifi system so I assumed all data used was running through the ferry. To be honest, this has really put a downer on what would have been a brilliant (work) trip. I know the additional costs weren’t extortionate but it has still put a lot of financial pressure on me. I really had hoped that this could have been resolved and the charges removed as my friend who was with me on the ship had the wifi drop out and similar roaming charges applied, but after speaking to his supplier (O2), the charges were removed as it was no fault off his own.

Regards,

Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ben Gladstone,

If there was a connection made to the network then this would have been recorded as usage.

We can’t comment on other networks as each network has their own processes and deal with accounts differently.

Have you tried disputing this with the Ferry network?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?