Solved

International Charges?

• 16 September 2022
  • 4 replies

I have received an additional charge of £1.92 when calling my friends mobile in Belgium yeaterday.  Belgium is included in the ‘roaming’ countries, so why the charge?

icon

Best answer by JG20 16 September 2022, 22:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you called your friend in Belgium, from the UK, then you’ve made an international call.

Roaming is when you use your phone outside the UK.

Your friend was roaming, and maybe you were not.

Good luck.

Oh, Ok thank you.  Yes, I was in the UK, he was actually in the UK on the M25 coming to meet me via the ferry from Belgium.  But from what your saying, technically I was making an ‘international’ call.  OK, oh well, it is what it is… Thanks for taking the time to explain, much appreciated.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does your friend’s mobile number start with 07?

If it does, and they were actually in the UK, it would not have been an international call.

However, if they were in Belgium or travelling on the ferry, it would be deemed as an international call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Oh, Ok thank you.  Yes, I was in the UK, he was actually in the UK on the M25 coming to meet me via the ferry from Belgium.  But from what your saying, technically I was making an ‘international’ call.  OK, oh well, it is what it is… Thanks for taking the time to explain, much appreciated.

You can also set a cap on your plan to prevent any out of plan spend. Just log into the account and you’ll be able to set it to £0.00 which will have prevented the call from connecting.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?