Solved

International use in Thailand

• 13 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi. I am going abroad soon and want to check the charges for Thailand.

I need to receive texts from my employer to access work systems. How much will I be charged for this when I am in Thailand and I can’t work out which band this country is in? Can you advise?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 14 March 2023, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’s all online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges @Lisa Lou - you pay as you go for roaming in Thailand, assuming your iD accoun’s bill cap is set high enough. 

Use the ROAMING option to look at costs for roaming Thailand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Lisa Lou,

Receiving texts is free when roaming.

If all you need to do is receive texts, then I’d recommend settings your spend cap to £0.00, turning OFF Mobile Data and Data Roaming.

Then turn ON Roaming.

Once your device connects, you can receive texts as there’s no charge, but you won’t be able to receive calls, make calls or send texts without first increasing your cap.

Prices vary depending on if you’re on PAYG or PAYM in some cases, but in this case it’s the same.

I’ve included the table below:

Mohammed

I dont understand the data charge?

is it as simple as it costs £1.50 per 1MB used? Regardless of current remaining data allowance?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I dont understand the data charge?

is it as simple as it costs £1.50 per 1MB used? Regardless of current remaining data allowance?

You can’t use your iD plan’s data allowance while roaming in Thailand @Ryan Draper.

It’s an additional cost over and above whatever you’re paying for you UK allowances for calls, texts and mobile data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ryan Draper It’s £1.50 per MB of data used.

Your allowance is ignored as this is not inclusive as @andewhite mentioned.

Why iD Mobile?