Solved

using mobile abroad Asia

• 28 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have 40gb data and thinking this will enough to use in Vietnam, Cambodia n Thailand 17days trip. In the main its to access Internet send wats app messages. Maybe the odd call. Do I need any more top up? Will I incur further charges as a result of use. I'm a light user hardly use my data. Any comments be helpful. Thanks Ajay

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 29 May 2023, 18:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ajay Bhatt,

Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand are not inclusive roaming destinations so you would incur charges for usage there.

You can head to this link: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges to find the rates for roaming here.

Vietnam is very pricey for usage so you may be better off using a local SIM when there (e.g. £6.00 per min, £1.50 per text and £9.60 per MB data).

We don’t offer roaming add-ons to make this cheaper or for a one-off cost to cover this.

If you do still wish to roam, you can increase your spend cap up to your credit limit. Once reached, you won’t be able to roam further until the bill resets.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you Mohammed for your advice.most appreciated. I was very concerned about transfer of wats app to a chip that I buy out there.Any advice on this? Thanks Ajay

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ajay Bhatt,

You can back up your Whatsapp and your data should still show on your phone when you insert the new SIM card.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thank you Kash

Why iD Mobile?