Skip to main content

I joined idmobile in April and now want to switch the rest of my family (3 other accounts) to idmobile.

However, when I try and do this, I just keep getting rejected saying the credit check has failed. I’ve checked my credit rating - Experian shows it as 999 out of 999. I’ve also had an account since April, paying by DD each month.

It was rejected in August but customer care said they were not able to advise why this was, so they asked me to wait a month and try again… I waited 2 months instead, but still it does not work and my order is rejected. None of the reasons given in the email apply to me.

I don’t want 1 user on idmobile and the rest of my family on something else, so I’ll just switch myself back if this doesn’t work.

This is also the 2nd post i’ve tried to make here asking for help. The first post said it was being moderated before posting, but never appeared. I’ve just come back here to see if someone has responded and my account is totally blank saying i’ve never posted here!

I hope you understand, I’m starting to lose my patience with idmobile.

just had a PM reply to this…. was hoping it would be some decent help or even someone from idmobile customer support … but it was someone with really bad english trying to pretend to be customer support and asking for my details. Oh dear - I think it really is time to give up with this company.

Hey there @runciblehat, welcome to Community!

The likelihood and reasoning for the failed credit checks for the orders is likely to be due to ordering more than one contract in quick succession. If you require further information as to why you’re orders are failing, I’d recommend checking the link below, and calling our sales team on 02071391397.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/credit-checks-explained

In terms of the fake message pretending to be us, we can only apologise for this. You will be able to see on our accounts whose an iD Mobile staff member, so please ensure to double check when you receive a message or reply via our Community pages.

Thanks,

Tyler