Solved

poor coverage since switching

Userlevel 2

Since switching to ID mobile i have had very poor internet signal.  I have checked coverage in my area -3G, 4G and 5G are supposed to be good.  My phine is a Samsung S20 which is on  approved list of phones for 5G

If i'm lucky i get one vertical bar on the signal icon.  Rarely do i get 5G. 

If something isn't done to improve the service i'll move to another provider. Rather than do that is there anything else i can do?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 31 May 2023, 13:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Razdave,

If the device is faulty it should be covered under warranty which is 24-month for Samsung.

You can take it into your local Currys for repair.

Mohammed

I have had zero mobile signal since sunday 21st October daily I got on the checker it states I should have full coverage but when it check the staus checker at the side of it all i  get is 

We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area. Sorry for any disruptions this may cause.

Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual. We’re working as quickly as we can to provide you with a stronger network in your area. Status updates will be posted here.

Last updated on 05:45 pm 27 October 2023. Only thing that has changed is the date from 21st october past 27th of october................ No info if and when it will be fixed I tried looking online e and zero info if any masts are down or being serviced

So as it is now I cannot send or receive a text or  phone calls or any internet its just NO SIGNAL 

it was working fine up until  last weekend .

but I cannot find out if any maintainace is being carried out on local mobile masts I never had this problem whilst on three mobile which  ID mobile apparently uses the three mobile networks. I had been with three mobile for the past 10 plus years previously to joining ID mobile 

Now We do have BRSK installing FTTP locally so I was wondering if they also are doing mobile masts too in the area or not

Or is it just broadband since my no signal stated around same time there work started locly  maybe a coincidence IDK

I contacted ID yesrtday when i had the free time to do so as previous attempts where after 8pm when it was finally at home. Which there's no one to speak to other than the bot 

which I was stuck in a loop with a bot for a long time before I got to the live chat agent

I did get a signal when I took the dog out for a walk half a mile away from where I live

For Enough time  to send a text.

But I used to get a good signal with three mobile in my home and when I switched to ID mobile in May 2023 i got a signal well enough up until last weekend

but this week is now NO SERVICE in my home. 

I received a message from I'd mobile saying 

"Hello, we have now logged your complaint and we'll do our best to resolve it within 7 working days. If it takes longer to resolve, we will keep you informed of the progress. You can view our Customer Complaints Code here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-code-of-practice for details around timescales and our investigation process"

But this is not any use to me as I have no service at home yet a fried on three mobile has phone works in my home which is even stranger. 

.After I reported it had NO SIGNAL NO SERVICE all week but not one can tell me if and when it will be fixed.

I mean what's the point in a mobile contract with pixel 7a if I get no service

yet I m still billed for no service if in 7 days this is still ongoing

What are my options going forward ???..

Can I cancel my contract without a penalty charge 

As the live chat asked me what I wanted from them when we spoke about receiving no service no signal

What a daft questions to ask

I wanted the signal back is what I wanted that's bleeding obvious isn't it .?  Other wise I wouldn't of contacted you.

So I would like to ask what if this problem is not fixed in the next 7 days

As that would be 2 weeks without a signal at home where I need to contact or be contacted by people family friends Ect...

If you cannot provide a signal or network  service to my phone at home then its isn't me trying to get out of my contract

but you ID mobile failing to provide a service I m paying for  isn't it . what are my options. 

Regards Darren 

I guess give them the exrmtra 7 days then contact ombudsman is my only option 

I switch from lycaMobile (btw...horribly company and network, avoid Lyca for your benefit), the porting no. was so smooth and quick, no any issue. I am happy with ID until now, the signal in my area is ok, 4 G but is working well

you should understand, when you speak about MVNO network like iD mobile, you can t say...iD poor signal, because iD network is depending 100% by Three network, if Tree have poor signal, iD have poor signal, don t blame iD for that .

By far the worst coverage of any provider in the uk, DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS COMPANY. They claim to have 99% coverage but I can hardly even get internet in my house half of the time, my area is 100% covered on the coverage map. How they are on threes network I do not know as before this contract  I had three for about 5 years and never encountered internet issues due to them, however I have internet problems 5+ times a day with idmobile on apparently ‘the same’ network. And you get 5g about 0.00001% of the time, even though it says my area has full outdoor 5g coverage. Genuinley horrendous.

I switch from lycaMobile (btw...horribly company and network, avoid Lyca for your benefit), the porting no. was so smooth and quick, no any issue. I am happy with ID until now, the signal in my area is ok, 4 G but is working well

you should understand, when you speak about MVNO network like iD mobile, you can t say...iD poor signal, because iD network is depending 100% by Three network, if Tree have poor signal, iD have poor signal, don t blame iD for that .

completely false, I have had more internet issues with id mobile in 1 month than I did in 5+ years using a Three contract. Idmobile just have absolutely horrendous service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bornsilly 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tomot1919 

I’m sorry you feel this way, our signal wouldn’t have any difference to that of a Three UK signal, we rely and use their signal network.

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’ve had issues?

With any iD Mobile plan you’ll have the option to return the plan early on should you find the signal isn’t for you.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?