Solved

Upgraded - do I need to use the new SIM?

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash,

Thanks for asking. I used the live chat feature to discuss with someone today (once I got past the robot).

I was still getting text messages and emails regarding plan changes and talking about the new sim, for example:

You may receive a new SIM as part of your upgrade
Should you wish to use the new SIM, you’ll need to active it first.

so decided to contact support to check.

As others had suggested, and it was confirmed in the chat, I don’t need to use the new sim. Seems pretty bad for iD Mobile’s carbon footprint policy to send out sims that are not required (especially when they get delivered using a large DPD van). Messaging around this could be much more clear as well.

The app has now updated and shows me consuming Gb against my new plan, £8 monthly 20Gb data allocation.

I was surprised by this immediate change given the last invoice showed I had paid up for unlimited data “Charge From: 21/10/22 To: 20/11/22”. I guess it would make sense though if one had actually upgraded. My new plan is actually a downgrade in terms of data provided.

The next bill is showing as £-0.42 so far, which is a pro rata refund for the line rental and I guess the £16 I paid a few days ago will actually be treated as £8 for current period and £8 for next period, so my plan switch was immediate. Again, this could have been made much more clear.

Sadly, the agent I was chatting to couldn’t explain the arrangements regarding billing and said to wait until I got the next bill. Not good that how this works isn’t well understood.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@gruntfutuk,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@gruntfutuk,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

Thank you. I have replied with the information you requested.

Userlevel 1

Further to last, a couple of hours ago, I received an email which is even more confusing. I’ve shared the full details on the private messaging. For the community, here’s the content of the email and some details from the app.

This is very confusing.

The email says,

The first bill on your new iD plan is ready

Amount due: £16.00

Monthly Plan Cost: £8.00

Payment date 4th of every month.

I last paid £16 on the original plan on 5th October for September invoice.

The October invoice says:

Amount due £16.00

Invoicing period: 21 Oct 2022 to 20 Nov 2022

Invoice Number: xxxxxxxx

Direct Debit due 04 Nov 2022

Here's your October invoice for xxxxxxxxxx

Invoice date: 21-Oct-2022

Account number: xxxxxxx

Monthly Recurring Charge From: 21/10/22 To: 20/11/22 £13.33

UK From: 21/09/22 To: 19/10/22 £0.00

Sub Total for this invoice £13.33

VAT @ 20% £2.67

Total amount due £16.00

Total charges for this month £16.00

On my account page, it says:

Your next bill so far: £-0.42

Due by: 05 Dec 2022

So, when is next invoice due, and what shall I be paying? Why does the email say £16 is due on an £8 per month plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @gruntfutuk,

We’ll be picking up via PM further so any issues, just message us there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?