Skip to main content
Solved

I am unable to access my account

Hi

I re-registered for an ID account a while ago, but I have never been able to log in. I have used the reset password link, reset my password, and then even after confirmation it does not let me log in with the new password.

How can I regain access to my account?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @surajd,

Is there an error message you see when trying to log-in? If so please screenshot and send it back to me.

Thanks.

Hi @Matthew T 

After the login screen I get asked to confirm number, surname and dob and I get through following error:

The weird thing is I am now able to get on to my account on desktop. This issue only occurs on mobile browser and the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @surajd for sharing. It looks like you already have an iD Mobile app account set up with a different email address, that has linked to your phone number successfully on the 10th April. Are you trying to re-register with a different email? If so, this will be causing the 'details not matched' error and is likely why you can log-in on Desktop okay. Thanks.

Ah, you're absolutely right. The email address registered is wrong! Luckily it's only missing the dot, so the emails come through anyway. I feel silly now!

All good though, I'm now able to get in on both the app and web.

Thanks @Matthew T 

My mum registered with an email address that is wrong can she change as sha cannot upgrade at the moment. Keeps saying account details don't match 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Thelma Abraham your Mum will need to contact us to resolve issues with her iD Mobile account. Alternatively, she can upgrade on our sister site Carphone Warehouse:

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/upgrades/idmobile

Or in-store at her local Currys. Thanks.

The problem I'm having is my mum's phone number is linked to an email address that does not exist, so when I try and register her with her existing email it says the account details incorrect and I don't know how to correct it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Thelma Abraham - I’ve sent you a Private Message. Thanks.

App was working just fine for over 3 months then the dreaded update. App now says "connection to idmobile is refused". I then tried your website which does open but when you try to log in this message pops up, "auth.my.idmobile.co.uk is not a valid address" and that is within your own webpage!

My contract is a few days from ending but now I can't get any information from anywhere as to what you're going to charge me or anything. Absolutely useless customer service, but the saving grace is my phone signal is fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Themaestro023 - teams have picked up this issue today, could you please confirm the following:

• If you have tried using a different internet browser.
  • If you have tried using a Private Incognito Tab.
  • If you have using a different connection (If you are using Wi-Fi, try Mobile Data and vice versa).
  • If you are using any VPN services, have you tried disconnecting from them?

Thanks.

@Themaestro023 - teams have picked up this issue today, could you please confirm the following:

• If you have tried using a different internet browser.
  • If you have tried using a Private Incognito Tab.
  • If you have using a different connection (If you are using Wi-Fi, try Mobile Data and vice versa).
  • If you are using any VPN services, have you tried disconnecting from them?

Thanks.

1.I always use Chrome on pc and my Galaxy S23+ but tried Samsung Internet to be sure and after pressing "Get Started" from your website I got this (screenshot attached).

2. Yes, I tried Incognito, same result. 

3. Both used. My wifi is extremely fast so prefer that, but tried Three's mobile data.

4. I never use a VPN but still checked and no, I'm not using VPN. 

As I'm not the only one experiencing this problem (see Down Detector for more complaints) I can only assume that someone at IDMobile has knocked the 13amp plug out of its socket and your system is off. Before my lucky 3 months of bliss being able to use the app I'd also gone through nearly a whole year of not being able to access my account. No apologies, no help at all. Dreadful service, but that's probably because you're cheap, you can't afford any staff. 

Nothing wrong with my connections my end, how did I manage to post this? 

To Matthew T, 

Update at 22:48. Although I'd already done this I cleared the app's cache and data and tried to use the app again, this time it logged me in and everything is working as it should. Next, I used Chrome on my phone to access your website and that worked too with no warning messages or blocks.

I can only assume you've fixed the problems because if only one method had a fault, it would be understandable, but both together showed a bigger problem.

Thank you for fixing it. 

So, that lasted all of 2 hours, now I get this:

I've found the fault and it's my end. I tried accessing both the app and website using mobile data again and got into both without a problem, so the error is with my ISP. For some reason Giganet (Cuckoo) and the Eero Pro 6E are blocking certain websites and apps from connecting, I'll have to investigate further.

My Eero router had blocked the address auth.my.idmobile.co.uk as a threat. I've adjusted the settings to allow all now. Sorry for blaming you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks so much @Themaestro023 for all this information, I’ve fed this all back to our App team.

Thanks so much @Themaestro023 for all this information, I’ve fed this all back to our App team.

One addition. If anyone has an Eero router and has the same problem, the only way to clear it is to turn off Eero Secure. This is for websites and apps. I've notified Amazon Eero of the fault with their software and they're looking into it because even if you add any address as a safe site, it is still blocked. I have Norton  Security 360 on all my devices so don't need Eero Secure as well. Just one more thing, I've been testing everything still works and noticed I have to sign into your website everytime, even when going from one page to another within it. Getting a bit annoying. I've cleared all cookies and other bits but it still asks for a log in everytime.