Solved

2 sims going to 1 email address

• 2 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just upgraded my wifes and my phones, the sim is activated on mine but not on my wifes. Both phones are on 1 account (eg: I pay for both) both contracts were sent to my email address. My wife cannot create an account or log in as it keeps saying wrong username/password and even when I got the 8 digit code and attempted to enter a new password I got the message I have used an incorrect symbol (the password/s entered were purely letters and numbers nothing else). In a nutshell I want her sim activated and she wishes to register/login to her account even if it means deleting existing account and starting afresh. I can log in, but I can only see my phone account and not that of my wifes. Finally I have to say how absolutely appalling your customer service is, I cannot speak to anyone, your automated phone system does not address any problems and cuts you off, and your chat bot has the intelligence of a moth, if I had known I was going to have these problems I would have gone elsewhere. Please sort it out

icon

Best answer by Rob Mcmahon 2 September 2022, 14:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your wife using a different email address to the one you’re using to sign-in to your iD My Account @Rob Mcmahon

Each iD My Account online has to have a unique email address, so the same email address cannot be used with more than one account.

Was your wife already an iD customer?
If yes, then she can use her existing iD SIM in the upgraded handset if it fits.

The only reason iD send an INACTIVE SIM with phone upgrades is just in case the existing SIM doesn’t fit in the upgraded phone.

Unfortunately iD Mobile only provide online support. To bypass the bot, just type “talk to a person” after you’ve connected. In my experience, best support channels for iD are on social media through facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message).

Any out-of-hours messages left on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work - good luck.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

andewhite, Thanks for your reply, idmobile said that I cannot have 1 email address for 2 phones, no problem, except both contracts were emailed to my 1 email address. My wife cannot access her ID Mobile account via her email account as the app keeps knocking her back with email or password incorrect. I tried to register a new account. On the first page you enter your tel no, last name and d.o.b. Information entered is correct, but the app says “oops wrong information”. On the occasions I have attempted a password reset, I have received the 8 digit code, the code is accepted and I get the page asking for a new password. When I enter a new password it then states I have entered a disallowed special character. I know this is incorrect, as for a a trial I entered   kb125   and that was disallowed. We have now changed the sims over so her new phone is connected on the old sim. We will leave it like that, my wife doesn’t really need the app anyway. But it is confusing with so many emails and passwords especially when I cant even remember what I had for breakfast. Fortunatley most passwords I can view in edge settings. Incidentally My ID Mobile app works ok

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Rob Mcmahon, good to know your wife’s new handset is working nicely.

The iD account stuff can be a nightmare - I know from personal experience.

The iD systems allowed me to have two iD online accounts for the same mobile number, which needless to say resulted in a few problems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rob Mcmahon 

You’ll be able to make orders with the same email address however an iD Mobile app/website account will be unique to 1 email address and multiple accounts can’t be made with the same email address/username.

We’d recommend using 2 different email address/usernames for any iD Mobile app/website account(s). If you’re having further issues I’d recommend getting in contact via the Live Chat.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?