Returning customer - cannot register against old account

• 11 August 2020
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alexander Dodd,

If there is anything that we can help with, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Wow, this is bad bad bad, if I known this was the case I would have chosen a completely different operator, in fact I'm still in my cooling off period (12 days to go in fact) And I might actually consider switching because of this 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Steve,

The username is a text username and when we refer to: “Therefore, it is a condition of this Agreement that you provide us with a current email address for billing purposes and that you maintain this address. “

We’re referring to the contact details.

Due the the email being linked with a previous account the system holds this on record.

If you register and put a full stop in the email this should work, as it’s only a text field.

Once registered, you can update your contact email to the correct one without the full stop.

But will always log-in to the one with the full stop.

e.g. if your email was:

SteveC1955@gmail.com

Then you would register as:  SteveC.1955@gmail.com  or even Steve.C1955@gmail.com 

Then update your contact email after registering back to SteveC1955@gmail.com

But you’d always use the username with the full stop to log-in.

Mohammed

Just returned to ID on sim only plan after 2 years, I also cant sign in or register with the ONLY email address I have because it is ‘already registered to an ID account’  After an online chat I was also told to obtain another email address, why should I just for ID.

T’s and C’s 4.8 By default, billing is provided through your iD online account at my.idmobile.co.uk/ and in the iD app. Therefore, it is a condition of this Agreement that you provide us with a current email address for billing purposes and that you maintain this address.  I have provided this so what is the problem.

I have lodged a complaint and am awaiting a response

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MillieG76 

You can not port your existing iD number to a new iD sim as we do not support internal migrations. Do you currently have two iD sims? We would advise canceling the new one and upgrading the existing iD plan in order to keep your number.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I have the exact same problem. I need to register my temporary number from the new SIM and send a PAC code to port the number you have listed against my account from the last time I was a customer. 

I don't have another email address and don't want to create one just to manage my id account. Please advise your solution. Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @SP1 

We have sent you a Private Message to help with this. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

@Ryan , Hi

just wondered how is this a resolution? When you’re asking  customers to create a new email to manage their ID account? What if a customer doesn’t want to create  new email solely to manage their ID account, and wishes to use their existing email? The old account linked to this email is obviously not accessible as it is 6 months or more old, then why hold onto customers’ email addresses like that?

I have the exact issue and cannot believe that ID Mobile are doing this to their customers?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @sangstar5,

Welcome back! As your email address has already been used as the username for a previous account, you will need to use a different email address as the username for the new account. You can still use the old email address for contact purposes however; this affects the username only.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?