Skip to main content

I’ve had such a mission changing phones and contracts to ID from 3. I bought a new contract with ID back in June with an iPhone 15. I recieved a PAC code from 3 to keep my number after the transfer and the new phone arrived as normal. I sent ID the PAC code and when the phone arrived I fired it up and it worked straight off the bat with my old number from 3. I thought this was extremely efficient and almost unbelievably simple but after a few months I realised I was still being charged by 3 for a contract.

I phoned 3 who said that the PAC code had never been initiated and that I was still a customer of theirs! This baffled me but sure enough when I checked all the settings on my iPhone everything was still set to 3 network, even though the phone itself had come from ID, with an eSim. So recently I got a new PAC code from 3 and sent it to ID and now I have NO phone whatsoever. On the transfer day everything just stopped and now I have no phone. The automated number for ID is useless, 3 have washed their hands with me and I have no idea how to sort this all out. Can someone please advise on what the best course of action is to do next as I use my phone for work and everything so can’t live without it.

How many SIM cards or eSIM products are active in the handset with your iD SIM, @Pipster_e

the plot thickens! The sim that was active was a 3 sim. Taking the sim tray out of the new phone showed that a 3 sim was in the phone already! This is even more bonkers as I never changed the sim card over. Now even more confused but a little closer to finding the answer I guess. Now though when I try and add an eSim it asks for a QR code. How do I go about getting a QR code to setup the phone with ID if I can’t use the phone?

HI @Pipster_e 

If your number definitely transferred over from Three UK to iD Mobile, they definitely should’ve cancelled the account on their side, did you use a Three UK SIM card in the phone we gave you?

Tom

yes I realise this now. It’s all cancelled and the number was transferred (for what I believe to be the second time) the other day. On that day the phone stopped working compeltely and I’m not phoneless. I don’t know how to set it up with ID mobile but it says I need a QR code. What do I do? I can’t contact any sort of support and the automated phone line is useless and the live chat bot equally useless. I can’t believe how difficult it is just to speak with someone in person about this. I even popped into Currys yesterday and they simply directed me to the automated phone line! I NEED my phone to work.

Hi @Pipster_e, it sounds like you need a replacement SIM card. You’d be able to request a replacement eSIM or a physical SIM card, whichever you prefer.

The live chat team will be able to set this up. If you type into the chat box ‘speak to an agent’ or select this option, you’d be put through to a live advisor.

Live Chat Support | iD Mobile Network

-Lauren