Skip to main content

Hi all….I have a brand new IDMobile SIM which I have put into my brand new Nokia 106.

When the SIM registers, the phone shows “Emergency Calls” and I can’t receive or make any calls/texts, etc.  Have tried SIM in both slots of the phone and it’s the same issue.

Can’t test SIM in another phone as the 106 takes a Standard SIM size and all my other phones are Nano

Hi @Cf7775,

Welcome the Community!

The SIM may be faulty but you can test this by inserting the SIM using 3-in-1 SIM.

The nano SIM should pop out and you can reinsert it into the SIM card holder after.

Let us know how you get on with the SIM in a different handset.

Kash

I have received a replacement SIM and put this into all handsets (two Alcatel 2038X) and a new Nokia 105 purchased direct from ID).

I have no signal on any handset.  I have tried my original SIM in all handsets.  No signal.

When I go into Settings and search for a network, I receive O2, Vodafone and EE.  I don’t see ID (or Three).

I have another ID SIM in a Google Pixel and receive full bars of ID signal.

I have tried the new SIM in all handsets in more than one location.  No signal and ID doesn’t appear in my network list.  My Pixel has full signal.

Transpires that ID mobile sell handsets which aren’t compatible with their own network!

Spectacular stuff

On the page containing compatible handsets, there is a note at the bottom of the page:

“If your phone is not listed on our approved list, unfortunately it's not iD approved. To view a range of SIM free iD compatible phones, visit our SIM Free Phones page.”

HOWEVER, not all handsets on this SIM Free Phones page actually work with the ID network

Hi @Cf7775, apologies for any disappointment caused here. You can purchase a Nokia 105 (2023) from iD Mobile SIM free. However, this will not work with the iD Mobile/3UK network due to the 3G switch off.

-Lauren