Skip to main content

It appears from other conversations this is a problem with Mobile ID, which sucks because I’m on a 24 month contract with an iPhone 13. 

It really feels like a breach of contract if Mobile ID isn’t able to resolve such basic problems as this. What can I do to resolve this aside from moving to another network?? Even though the cost is more, it’s essential that I’m able to receive text messages.

Should I try switching to another network then switch back? Would that potentially resolve this?

Okay @George Lee, not sure what’s wrong but I receive OTP SMS text messages using my iD SIM in my iPhone 13. 

• Are you receiving any SMS text messages? 
  • What organisations can’t send you an OTP SMS text message? 
  • Try a RESET NETWORK SETTINGS on the iPhone with your iD SIM, to reset the SMS centre?
    The iOS user guide explains all the reset procedures.

Hi @andewhite, Thank you for suggesting this., I’ve tried this, in addition to restarting my phone but it doesn’t seem to work.

I don’t seem to be able to receive any SMS messages from anyone, including OTP, but also family etc. I can only receive iMessages. I’ve turned this off as well.

Okay @George Lee, the only other thing to try is getting a replacement iD SIM card. 

Hello @George Lee 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community and thank you @andewhite  for your assistance. 

We are very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with receiving texts. 

Can you please confirm if you arranged a replacement SIM?

If you are still experiencing issues, can you please take a look at further support here.

Thanks, 

Nat