Skip to main content

Phone showing emergency calls only although I am sitting next to wifi hub and 4G “auto connect”.  I have followed all online suggestions, new SIM card and gone back to factory settings and now at a complete loss as to what else I can do.  I am an “older” smart phone user and the language is a bit confusing but I have spent the last couple of days trying to sort this out but seem to be going roand and round and getting no where.

Hi @Linda White 

What phone do you have? 
Is it on the Approved Handsets list for use with the 4G network? 
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets
Have you checked if the 3G network has been turned off in your area? 
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage
Has your device been set up to connect to the VoLTE (4G Calling) network?
Even though ‘4G/3G/2G (auto connect)’ is selected you may need to have ‘LTE’ provisioned on your phone to connect to the network. 
4G is the generic label given to the ‘4th Generation network’ and not the ACTUAL network type which is VoLTE (Voice over LTE).
e.g. this is what I see on my SG J4+

If you don’t see VoLTE or LTE then ‘Google’ is your friend with regards to how to move forward.
You may also have to look at other networks that will support your phone.
Let us know if we can help you futher x

Hi  I managed to get it sorted late last night and it seems to be down to the 2 SIM cards so I have a new one on its way to me.  Many thanks for your response.

Hi @Linda White 

Let us know how the replacement SIMs go.

Tom

Not yet sorted!  I have activated my new SIM but I am still unable to receive and make calls.  I must have something blocking this function so am going to try to speak to someone again to talk me through everything.  It’s probably something very simple!

Hi @Linda White 

Unless you see ‘LTE’ under Mobile voice network type then you won’t be able to use the VoLTE network to make receive calls.

What Motorola Edge model of phone do you have?
Have you checked to see if your phone is supported by iD Mobile (as per my initial message)?
Have you updated the software to the most recent?

I will try to help you further with this information.

Hi again

Having followed all the available information above and online I have further information.  I have a Samsung Galaxy J6 French registered phone.  

Since installing my new SIM card last week I have it on automatic updates but when I tap software updates it indicates software is up to date but there is no record of updates showing.  I don’t know if the problem is that I haven’t had the update that should enable my phone to access LTE or if this phone is just not compatible.

Any help would be gratefully received as I just end up with the final instruction to Mobile Networks - Network Mode - Install 4G Calling which is obviously not there.

Linda

Hi @Linda White 

Your phone is compatible with the VoLTE network and should have the ability to connect to it.
I am unsure (as I have no experience) as to whether a French registered phone would be part of the problem but I shouldn’t think so as all 4G networks are ‘VoLTE’ so whether you are in the UK or France you would still need this connection.

I had the same problem with a SG J4+ and this is what was needed to enable the use of VoLTE/WiFi Calling with all networks the phone is compatible with.
https://community.idmobile.co.uk/ask%2Da%2Dquestion%2D18/just%2Dsome%2Dbasic%2Dquestions%2Dabout%2Dnew%2Dsim%2Dcard%2Dvolte%2Dupgrade%2D68606

If you are unsure if this is really required to get your phone working then follow the instructions below  and I’ll try to confirm one way or another if Flashing your phone is the way to go.
Go to Settings - About phone - Software information.
Look at the details under Service Provider SW Ver. and let me know what the details are.
This was the SW ver. on the SG J4+ :-

x x