Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Stevio777,

Thanks for your post.

This may be down to a few things.

Is mobile data enabled on your handset?

You can check the coverage and network status at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

If the coverage is good and no work is being carried out, please test the SIM in another handset.

Kash

How many handsets do you think I have. 5G phone, only possible 4G, not getting that either. No 3G.

Poor show

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

How many handsets do you think I have. 5G phone, only possible 4G, not getting that either. No 3G.

Poor show

Perhaps the 3G has been switched off in your location, @clickeyclicks

Three UK (the iD network partner) are turning off 3G by the end of 2024 - already off in the following areas:

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @clickeyclicks,

Welcome to the Community!

Is it an iD Mobile approved 5G handset and you are in a 5G area?

You’ll also need to ensure that 5G is enabled on your handset.

Kash

Thanks for the reply, however, the point was I wasn't getting any connection. It's a 5G phone, but only can get 4G, when I can get it. 3G is no longer available, so most of the time I have no communication on my mobile. Mobile not working is not acceptable. I don't have time to look at endless FAQs, googling the issue etc checking on a list of possible settings available.

Just joined iD from Vodafone.  Have Motorola A and having same problem.

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Nadia North,

Welcome to the Community and welcome to iD Mobile!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Have you checked the coverage and network status checker to see if there are any issues in your area?

If no issues are showing I would advise testing the SIM in a different handset and also a replacement SIM.

Kash

It's a 5G phone, that's not in my area, I know I cannot get 5G, but not my point. I only have 1 chance of using the phone. I often can't 4G and 3G no longer available. So obviously, no calls. 

Reset Network, nearly always states 5Ghz, excellent. Reseated SIM. Checked everything for an update. Switched off VPN, re routed, added ID to be excluded from VPN, switched it off. Checked router and cables, reset it, moved it, which is fine if indoors, but outside I expect better than no data access, H+, ID LTE, one bar on triangle. 

Don't staff read previous posts. Every post never gives a straight answer. I still don't have a second phone. I have tried each and every suggestion and so many posts simply repeat a previous posts. I am getting nowhere. If the SIM was faulty, I'd not be getting calls, texts messages, not be able to send.
I am not getting 4G. It is a 5G phone, but I cannot get 5G. As stated, not in my area and not with this plan. 4G is usually obtainable, but if not I am without a phone. 3G is no longer available. It's not the phone, the SIM. I don't get a signal and data doesn't work. Wi fi calling is on. Updates done, coaches cleared. I may change the DNS, I have no idea. Clearly ID don't either. 

It's android too. Pixel 4a. Excellent condition, it works. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Clickey 

Have you tried switching manually to prefer 4G/LTE and not 5G?

If 5G isn’t available in your area but your device is latching to 5G, you may need to switch it manually.

I’m sorry you don’t feel like any posts give a straight answer or that we at iD don’t understand, we only have so much information about an individual issue and need to troubleshoot, we unfortunately can’t give a 100% always working for everyone answer to everything, especially not an individual issue such as coverage.

Tom