Skip to main content
Solved

lack of signal

I have been struggling with signal for the best part of this contract (started approx Feb 2023).

Old sim and phone worked fine, but since upgrading I have 1 bar of signal and calls always cut out.

My parents have the same issue since their new Sim arrived at the start of last year.

Contract ends Jan 2025 and I doubt I will stay with ID as its not reliable. 

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Sarah_S 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you having issues everywhere with your signal or just certain areas?

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

Tom

Bd13 2fg

Bd13 2du

Bd6 0ad

I am sat at home with 1 signal bar no matter where I go around the house. Last December I had a lot of hospital consultations over the phone that couldn't stay connected

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

I am sat at home with 1 signal bar no matter where I go around the house. Last December I had a lot of hospital consultations over the phone that couldn't stay connected

Have you tried the iD WiFi Calling service at home, @Sarah_S

It can help when you’ve got poor coverage indoors, and you’ve got a Wi-Fi network at home.

It's not just indoors, the signal is poor outside.

Even the Internet loading is slow.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

If you’ve got a home Wi-Fi network, it probably works outside your house too, @Sarah_S.

Sounds like you might have made a mistake by choosing iD Mobile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @Sarah_S, we're very sorry to hear you're having issues with coverage.

Please take a look at our coverage checker, which will show you what your signal strength should be like in your area, for all of 3G/4G/5G, for both indoors and outdoors.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

Furthermore, please take a look at our network partner Three's network status checker, which will show if there is any maintenance or performance upgrades going on in your area. If the website states that's the case, then it's likely that this is disrupting your coverage, and we hope that this is resolved soon for you.

https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

Please take a look at both of these. If you believe you should be experiencing better signal than you are, or if the networks status checker on Three's website isn't showing any upgrades or maintenance, then please do let us know.

Please also try restarting your phone, and resetting network settings.

If none of the above helps, please let us know, or contact our live-chat:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler

I have tried all of the above Tyler. Still one bar of signal. I Redownloaded the ID mobile app to see what's remaining on this contract (ends Jan 25) and the same message appears about it not being able to be displayed. The signal checker says everything is fine location wise. I can screenshoot my signal and show how poor it is throughout the day. I have tried live chat and don't get past the auto bot responses.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Sarah_S 

Taking a look the areas of BD13 2FG and BD13 2DU has some patchy spots as well as a known outage, how long have you had issues here? 

The area of BD6 0AD also appears to have some patchy spots.

Tom

Since I upgraded my phone and used the new sim, so feb 2023. Back then I had 2 bars hit and miss, but it's always one bar now.

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Sarah_S,

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset and replacement SIM?

However it sounds like it’s a coverage issue which can be investigated further.

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team for further assistance.

Kash