Skip to main content

My phone number is not recognised

Hello. I am a new customer id mobile. My phone is Samsung S24 Ultra. I transferred my number from O2 a week ago. No one can call my number or send a txt message. They receive a message that the number is not recognized. I can call and send a txt message. Has anyone had a similar situation?

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @andrzej1974,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Did you resolve this issue as I’m having the same problem

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Kate Hillman 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I am also facing the same problem. What is the solution for this ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @prakashpanchadi 

Sorry to hear this, do you still require assistance with this?

Please let us know if so so we can get in touch.

We’ll be able to get in contact with you to assist here, or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom

yes, i still face the issue

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @prakashpanchadi, please try the following:

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

Thanks,

Tyler

my number is showing correct number only.

I am mainly facing issues with the calls. When someone call me i cant see the contact number of the person who is calling me. i see display as unknow caller.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey there @prakashpanchadi, no problem, thank you for confirming.

Is that person that’s calling you calling from with-held at all, or blocking their number from showing up your end?

Thanks,

Tyler

do the ID mobile have any customer support contact number to discuss the issue and resolve much faster ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @prakashpanchadi 

We don’t have a phone number for customer service, sorry.

Tom