Skip to main content

I am having problems with my iPhone 15 number porting. I can make and receive calls with my old number on my new ID phone, but not messages.

‘My number’ on my phone settings appears incorrectly - it is the number ID mobile gave me before the port. The number of my Apple ID is also this incorrect number. Calling the ID mobile number does not result in any connection.

In short, has something gone wrong with my port? Why is my old number only partially working (for calls, not for messages)? I have an eSIM - has something gone wrong with that?

Please assist!

Thank you

Have a look at this guide here.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I’ve looked through and tried lots of these things. I think this is the problem I am having, but my Apple ID refuses to assign my ID mobile eSIM number (which has been ported from ee) to my new phone. It keeps reverting back to the number ID assigned me before porting.

I think my old, factory reset phone is still somehow claiming the number for some Apple ID services, such as text messages

Hi again. I think I have fixed it, I had to also do a complete Apple ID sign out, reset phone, sign in of the new phone.

thank you for your help!

Hi @FredW17 

Glad to hear the community could help you here, thanks for helping out @MZone.

Tom