Skip to main content

When I join ID and receive calls, what is the default time the phone will ring before the caller is diverted to voicemail? Can it be increased, and if so, how, and what is the maximum available time? And if voicemail is turned off and someone calls, how long  does the phone ring before the caller is cut off? Can this be increased, and if so to how long? (I ask these questions because with my current provider, the phone will not ring long enough for me to answer a call from my General Practitioner)

Hi @JohnRs 

By default the ringer can last 30 seconds, this unfortunately can’t be changed to go longer but can be changed to go shorter.

To make a change you will need to dial **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like it to ring for and then add a # symbol to the end.

For example, to change the time to 15 seconds, you will have to dial the following

**61*123**15#

Tom

Thank you, Tom. Now, how do you turn voicemail off? and if you do, how long can the phone ring before the caller is cut off, and how can this time be increased, and what is the maximum time you can have to pick up the call before the caller is cut off - and what do you do to obtain this time??

Hi @JohnRs 

To turn off voicemail, simply log in to your iD app or log in to my account area and select 'services', then toggle voicemail 'off'.

When receiving calls, it will ring for up to 30 seconds and then end the call.

Thanks, 

Nat 

Thanks for the information Nat - So if my GP Practice wants to be able to get hold of me to give me a telephone consultation before being cut off or shunted to voicemail (which comes to the same thing, as, for a phone consultation, it’s always they that have to ring me, not the other way round), ID Mobile has nothing to offer?