Skip to main content

Hello. I recently switched from 3 to ID mobile, and I used a PAC code to keep the same phone number. However, once I had set up my new ESim, I was given the option of choosing a primary and secondary number, so I chose my old phone number to be my primary. I am confused as to the point of this secondary number, as I was under the impression that my oils phone number would carry over when I switched to ID. Does anyone have the answer? 

Okay @Claire James, primary and secondary are just labels, so you can choose which line to use when calling or texting from a handset with 2 active SIM / eSIM plans.

Hello @andewhite. Thank you for clarifying, but when my old sim runs out, will my old phone number stay the same, or will it automatically switch to the new number?

Hello @andewhite... when my old sim runs out, will my old phone number stay the same, or will it automatically switch to the new number?

Okay @Claire James, if you’ve already used a PAC and switched to iD Mobile your old Three UK SIM should be inactive.

Have Three UK confirmed your Three UK account has been closed and a final bill prepared?

If your switch from Three UK to iD Mobile was successful, the mobile number you wanted to keep should now be linked to the iD Mobile eSIM in your handset. 

The mobile network operator controls the number used with their SIM/eSIM. Your phone should detect the mobile number for your SIM/eSIM when it connects to the mobile network. 

@andewhite, I haven’t received a final bill from Three, and I do not believe the account is closed as this month’s contract hasn’t run out yet. Is it worth waiting until the contract ends to see if my phone number changes or not?

Okay @Claire James, it’s not too clear what you trying to do here, sorry.

This iD Mobile online article might help.