Skip to main content
Solved

unable to make or receive calls, and have only have 1bar, no 4g,

• 10 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Frustrated!! 

I received the sim today itself. Appears I have made a mistake by switching over to Id mobile.

Has not worked fine since last 6 hours since I switched over to id. network/signal has been intermittent where I’m unable to make or receive calls unless using WhatsApp! 

I’ve tried resetting the phone numerous times and tried everything suggested in the ‘chat’ from others having same issue, regarding settings etc. 

Checked network coverage status, etc for my area and says all is good it reckons. Tried disabling my Wi-Fi on phone which makes 5G appear, but disappears once I turn Wi-Fi back on again, and oh my signal only has x1bar.

I have had really bad reception on my iphone 14. My phone displays having 2bars on signal. I can make a call, but no-one can hear me. My2 children as well as my workplace have been calling me and report they can’t get through. Not receiving any texts as well including OTP.

I have reset my iphone and force restarted it.

I have erased all network settings. 

I have tried my SIM in my partner’s iphone and it is the SIM which is the problem. His SIM works fine in my phone suggesting my ID SIM is the problem while my sim has the same issue in his phone as well.

The id coverage checker for my area shows good 4G inside and out. I have tried it all over the house, outside and at other addresses with no luck.

this issue happens everywhere, not only certain locations - Near Apsley trains station, near Shendish Edge (Hp3 post code), near Hemel Hempstead town centre (HP1 Post code)

Please, please help and advise else I would have to switch back to my old network. I cannot stay without phone as my work gets impacted.

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @Ravneey, given real-world coverage isn’t the same as that predicted online in the coverage checker, maybe just return your iD order during the cooling off period and switch to a network with better coverage.

Alternatively, get a replacement SIM to see if that helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @Ravneey, welcome to Community!

We hope the kind advice from @andewhite was able to help. If you still require assistance, please contact us ASAP via our live-chat:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler