Skip to main content
Solved

UPGRADE: PARCEL RETURNED TO CURRYS BY DPD FOR NO REASON

Hi everyone,
I received an email yesterday at 08.35 from DPD, regarding my new phone saying that, it's due to be delivered the 4th of March 2024 between 09:48-10:48. Then I received another email on the same day at 09:03 saying that my parcel will now be delivered on Thursday 7th March between 08:00 - 12:00. Then today by coincidence I checked the status of the parcel in DPD's website, surprised by this message, "Your parcel is on its way back to Currys", without any notification or explanation  from ID MOBILE OR CURRY’S OR DPD. I have been already charged for the upgrade to new phone. I couldn't find anyone to contact via App or even email/Phone number, even my sim was blocked as i ordered a new one. I’d be grateful if someone can help to find out regarding this serious issue as it is really confusing.

Many thanks 

Mirat 

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Have you tried asking the iD sales team about your order, @Mirat?

Contact sales on 020 7139 1397.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Mirat,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see that we have sent you a PM already and we will get back to you there.

Kash

I have exactly the same situation. My upgrade phone has not been delivered by dpd. And it now says the parcel has been returned to currys. It won't let me message or change delivery details

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Billie-jo Gleeson 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

This has happened to me 

It should have been delivered on the 3rd June 

[REDACTED IMAGE]

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Ben156 

Sorry to hear this, do you still require assistance with this?

Please let us know if so so we can get in touch.

We’ll be able to get in contact with you to assist here, or for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter.

Tom

Yes I still haven't received my phone 

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue. Paid extra for Sunday delivery, now Tuesday and the tracker says it’s on its way back to currys. DPD help says I need to contact currys, currys can’t help as don’t have access to ID mobile and ID mobile chat was stuck at 51 mins for ever then up to 500 + mins before detaching. Now cannot find link to cancel the contract. Dreadful service 

My parcel was due to be delivered on Tuesday 16rh July but now says it was returned to Curry's. My previous phone is damaged so I urgently require this. DPD is a dreadful service, ID Mobile should consider switching their contact.

Userlevel 1

Mine finally arrived a number of days later with no mails whatsoever or reason for the delay. 
When opening, it appears the original package had been cut open then repackaged in a second bag. Can only assume this was the problem.

Good luck and hope it arrives soon 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Ben156 & @AmandaLovingLife

I’m sorry to hear this, typically DPD will send an order back to us if they’ve attempted delivery but had no answer.

Tom

Dpd also returned my upgrade to currys. 

Had no communication relating to when it will be sent back out or what to do next.

Poor communication very annoying. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Superanch 

I’m sorry to hear this, if the upgrade has been returned back to Currys it’ll likely already be returned by the warehouse team meaning it won’t be sent back out, unless you’ve communicated otherwise to us.

Tom

Phone still on its way back to currys. 

Getting charged new contract amount but with no handset. Trying to ask questions is almost impossible.

Customer service doesn't exist

I was told to wait until he 13th August and my contract would revert to old one and I could upgrade again. That has not happened either.

Completely useless.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Superanch 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom