🚨 Call issues affecting some customers.

• 30 January 2024
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

Our network partner is working on investigating the issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused.

iD Mobile

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kelly F,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you unable to use any services?

Usually resetting your network settings fixes most issues.

It may be worth checking the coverage in your area https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage.

Kash

Hi @Kelly F,

It may be worth checking the coverage in your area https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage.

Kash

Hi, I can’t call out at all. It says the service doesn’t allow it. I’ve checked coverage and it’s fine

Kelly

Hi @Kelly F,

Kash

Hi, I can’t call out at all. It says the service doesn’t allow it. I’ve checked coverage and it’s fine

Kelly

I’ve also reset the network settings and that hasn’t made a difference. I can’t even call the 7777 for help

It's the second time in the last two weeks that this happens.

I'm happily speaking with a client when suddenly a message 'Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number' comes up and the call gets disconnected.

It will happen every 2 to 5 minutes into the call and I end of having to call clients several times. This is very annoying given that I need my phone to contact people and have important discussions. Now imagine having to be called every 2 - 5 minutes to pick up a serious issue every time.

iD needs to do something about it ASAP or give some form of compensation. I never had this issue when I was with 3.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Kelly F,

Kash

Kelly

I’ve also reset the network settings and that hasn’t made a difference. I can’t even call the 7777 for help

Hi @Kelly F. Have you tried the SIM in a different phone to see if you’re having the same issue? 

If you are, or if you’re not able to try this, it sounds like you may need a replacement SIM.

-Lauren

I am having the same issue it is very frustrating it’s really not good enough. I went with ID mobile on recommendation but it’s not been a good experience so far (3 weeks) 

Userlevel 4

I am having the same issue it is very frustrating it’s really not good enough. I went with ID mobile on recommendation but it’s not been a good experience so far (3 weeks) 

@Lisa Herbert  Hello there I'd experienced the same problem and some other network issues.

Try contacting IDMobile via Live chat 

Our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday,

and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday, and Bank Holidays

Use this link  https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat and in the message box type "Speak to a person" by doing so by passes the chat bots. I've seen this info elsewhere on the forum I've never used this option myself. 

Hope this helps you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lisa Herbert,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your iD Mobile SIM.

I hope that you managed to speak with the team regarding this.

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 2

This is the second time in as many weeks that I’ve had this problem. Not only do I need my phone for work but I had just gotten through to the hospital re my oncology appointment when I got cut off. ID Mobile, please advise when this will be corrected. My phone is my lifeline at this present time

Hi Tracy,  Don’t make the same mistakes I have made.  I have been with ID Mobile since October and my phone still doesn’t work properly.  Make sure you raise these issues through their complaints procedures.  So if it’s not resolved in 8 weeks .you can take it up with the communications ombudsman.  Please Pass the message along to other unhappy customers you see in any of the online chat forums.  Kind Regards Daisy 4242

Userlevel 2

Hi Lisa,  raise your concerns through the complaints procedure.  That way if it’s not resolved within 8 weeks you can take it to the ombudsman.

Userlevel 2

It's the second time in the last two weeks that this happens.

I'm happily speaking with a client when suddenly a message 'Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number' comes up and the call gets disconnected.

It will happen every 2 to 5 minutes into the call and I end of having to call clients several times. This is very annoying given that I need my phone to contact people and have important discussions. Now imagine having to be called every 2 - 5 minutes to pick up a serious issue every time.

iD needs to do something about it ASAP or give some form of compensation. I never had this issue when I was with 3.

Hi there, Hope you don’t mind me saying but if you haven’t already please send your concerns through their complaints procedure.  That way if it’s not resolved after 8 weeks you can take your complaint to the ombudsman and they will intervene.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Daisy4242 

I believe we’re in PMs with you about your issues which are completely separate to anything in this thread.

Tom

Userlevel 2

Really ?

Userlevel 1

thanks for the heads up

We’re aware that some customers are experiencing issues making calls or are being disconnected in the middle of a call. When this happens, the call fails and the message “Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number” is heard.

Our network partner is working on investigating the issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience these issues may have caused.

iD Mobile

This is now getting a joke how much longer before this issue is resolved .I have been cut off during important phone calls for months now .I upgraded last year thinking it was my old phone that was the problem but no it’s still on going and you are breaking your contract with the customers this isn’t acceptable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mkell,

Just wanted to check how you are getting on?

Are you still having the issues? If so please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Hi @Mkell,

Just wanted to check how you are getting on?

Are you still having the issues? If so please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Yes still a problem .this isn’t just a one off problem,like I said I upgraded last year thinking my old phone was the problem..and still not fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mkell 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?