12 free travel apps to download before take off

12 free travel apps to download before take off

Show first post

90 replies

Userlevel 1

I had the absolute pleasure of visiting Sardinia a couple of years ago...what an amazing place. We travelled there by ferry into the main port of Bosa and stayed in a villa about a 15 minute drive drive to the nearest village so lovely and rural. Being an island the food is wonderful and lots of seafood dishes with the food coming out the sea the same day. The people are lovely (as long as they know you’re not French, a long story) and the scenery is breathtaking so we took the Trenino Verde (green train) which is a small guage train from Bosa which travels up the mountain along the coast line so the views are phenominal. I’m hoping to go back again this year.

I’ve just been on the best holiday - I went to Kansas, USA, to visit my son, who I’ve not seen for 6 years! It was wonderful to see him and have hugs. I also got to meet my lovely daughter-in-law and play with my grandson for the first time. He’s just over 3 years old and we had loads of fun. I can’t wait to go again!

My dream holiday would be a cruise to Antarctica. The opportunities for truly spectacular photographs would be wonderful!

Userlevel 1

Kisumu, Kenya. To resurrect childhood memories.

Would love to get away with my fiancee to somewhere in Britain 🇬🇧 or maybe Italy been a good few years since we've been away 

Userlevel 2

Rural Ireland. There is nowhere like it in the world. 

My dream holiday is a trip to Gibraltar. This country is amazing. I have family here! I’ve always stayed at a hotel in Spain because for me it’s the cheaper option. So I would love a dream holiday in Gibraltar! 

Userlevel 1

Dubai as I would love to visit the Burj khalifa and see the palm islands 

My favorite place is the Bay of Islands on the North Island of New Zealand.

I visited in 2017 and would love to go again.

Userlevel 1

Love going to Loch Ness in Scotland, beautiful scenery and breathtaking views, never spotted the Loch Ness monster......yet 

Userlevel 2

Definitely Sicily. The food is fantastic, the people are so friendly and the history is fascinating. Don't just want to holiday there, want to live there!

Userlevel 1

Provence, France. Drive down through France, ( avoiding the toll roads) taking in the magic that is rural France. Staying at the municipal camp sites (that's where the battery pack comes in handy) then on arrival, explore the Provence the late great Peter Mayle wrote about. Marvellous.

Read two of Peter Mayle's books in that 'series' - A Year in Province, being 👌 

Userlevel 1

I would love to go to Greenland,  why? Because there is not many people there and its beautiful and peaceful 😌 

My dream holiday would be to New Zealand, to explore the sights I have seen in various TV shows and hopefully see dolphins in the wild. 

Our dream holiday would be to go to Japan, they have long lives and have some beautiful sites.

Userlevel 1

Devon for me, why go abroad when we have such wonderful places in the UK 

Userlevel 1

I would love to go to North Wales. Somewhere quiet by the sea to recharge.

A mystical, peaceful place 

Userlevel 1

Provence, France. Drive down through France, ( avoiding the toll roads) taking in the magic that is rural France. Staying at the municipal camp sites (that's where the battery pack comes in handy) then on arrival, explore the Provence the late great Peter Mayle wrote about. Marvellous.

Userlevel 1

I've always thought Venice is a most see destination. So close to the UK, easy to get to, and such a fascinating -  magical city.  But get there before the main season and crowds arrive!

The Maldives - a friend is out there now posting many pictures on social media - and it looks utterly fantastic. The ultimate relaxation, sun, sea, and any other s you want to consider 😉 Just blemmin’ gorgeous. 

Userlevel 1

Our Dream destination has got to be Santorini,  the whole whole island is just so picturesque, easy to navigate around the whole island, the locals are the friendliest we have ever encountered, the food, drink, scenery, places to visit all within easy distance. Sunshine. Sea, its a photographers dream, every photo is a postcard photo, there isnt one inch of the island that you cannot access, wether by foot, car, quad bike or boat, Beautiful is the only word to describe.

Userlevel 1

Cuba, amazing country.

Dubrovnik, absolutely gorgeous!!!

Userlevel 1

Australia Perth, next to Indian Ocean,catch-up with family, new house and only 5 mins from lovely beach 😎

My dream holiday would be Dubai as we went there 2 years ago. Best food ever, friendliest people, fantastic buildings and beaches.

Why iD Mobile?