Get Set for Christmas – Competition

• 3 December 2020
  • 94 replies
Get Set for Christmas – Competition

Show first post

94 replies

Userlevel 1

Christmas is a spiritual and a family time where I can sit down eat drink and reflect on the previous year - a harking back to much simpler times where you know where you are and who you are with and why.

In these tumultuous times it’s the time of the year when I can stop the bus and get off and make plans for the year ahead, it’s time to take stock and dump what doesn’t work and to oil what does and decide what’s important and what’s not.

Its time to smell the cinnamon and all the Christmas smells, it’s aromatherapy for the soul.

For me, the best part is watching everyone else open their presents - it’s a time for giving, after all.

...Then texting everyone from my new OPPO Reno4 Z, my gift from ID Mobile (cough!) telling them that my kids loved the pressies that they bought them (whilst skillfully avoiding mentioning *what* it was they received, as they usually tear everything open in seconds whilst I scream “wait, who’s that from?” and “put your paper in this bag!”)

Quality time with friends and family. I also love to see the efforts people out into brightening the dark cold nights with beautiful lights and Christmas decorations. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Seasonal foodstuffs,  Mince pies, stollen, Christmas cake &pudding …

Pity about the waistline

Userlevel 1

For me, I love singing Christmas carols and the turkey dinner!

For myself i love the build up when The Salvation Army Band can be seen playing Xmas Carols and tunes.  When carol singers come knocking at your door and the street is lit up with Xmas lights.

When you can buy roasted chestnuts and give some loose change to charity.

To see the excitement and anticipation in small children when meeting Father Christmas.

Christmas Fayres at the local Church where you can buy Mince pies and home made cakes and stocking fillers.

Attend midnight mass when Christmas is just around the corner and it gives me a warm and humble feeling inside and you feel the true meaning of Christmas has not been forgotten.

Old films on the tele,  feeling full after the Xmas Dinner and the Queens Speech.

Sprouts, Turkey, Xmas Cake, Christmas Pud,  Christmas Crackers, Christmas Cards,  SNOW!!!

Kisses under the Mistletoe,  Holly and The Ivy, Reindeer and Xmas Presents!!!!

Christmas to me is spending much quality time with family especially after having a rough 6 months with no light at the end of the tunnel yet. We all need something to look forward to and to enjoy too.

Userlevel 1

Nothing better on a cold day than cuddling up on the sofa and watching cheesy chrimbo movies.

xmas is Family get togethers and large xmas meals, sharing presents and enjoying the wintery landscape with your nearest and dearest

Userlevel 1

I like being able to put on all my different layers of clothes and not feel silly when I’m out

The christmas spirit and the Christmas songs are what I enjoy most about Christmas and when family and friend are all together excited and United 

I love the winter holidays because it gives me the chance to spend time with all the family members. It gives my children the feelings, the emotions that we wait for many days on Monday to feel while we wait for Santa Claus.
Decorating the Christmas tree with my husband and children, waiting for grandparents to visit their grandchildren, there is a lot to say and very difficult to describe

Christmas for me is about the family time, dont get me wrong i love the traditional christmas dinner but i love spending time with family and playing games... all sat round happy and laughing... theres just a warmthness to it all and it brings back childhood memories which are lovely 😍 🥰

I love Jesus and kindness to strangers.

Userlevel 1

Snow, Christmas 🎄 lights and family time.

Things I love most about Christmas are the goodwill vibe. People and families coming together to laugh and be happy, to eat food they might not normally have to make the celebration zing. Part of this is the company which is extended by the use of my mobile phone. I can bring those who live far away into Christmas and share all the fun by chat, making photos and videos. Maybe we can’t pass them a sausage roll or refill their glass but they are with us and the joy is spread wide.

Best thing about Christmas for me is spending time with my family and in general being joyous and eating all the chocolate and muchies before January new years resolutions come along lol!

Userlevel 1

To me Christmas is about the family, friends, and celebrating the birth of Christianity.

For me, the best thing is the opportunity to spend time with extended family and see everyone enjoying their gifts. Unfortunately a lot of that will only be done remotely this year, so we’re very thankful for video conferencing!

Lots of good food is another important aspect!

We love Christmas, who doesn’t? It’s a time to take a step back from the daily stresses of life, share memories with those closest to us, exchange gifts and gorge on fantastic food. Can you tell we’re excited?

It’s also the perfect time to bag yourself a winning deal on a new phone or SIM only plan with iD Mobile. We’ve got some unmissable offers lined up.

Hunting for a top deal on a powerful handset? Look no further. We’ve got amazing offers on a range of phones to suit everyone. With our exclusive Christmas event, you’ll get a Currys PC World gift card worth up to £100. So, you can treat yourself to some top of the line tech, view all our great offers here.

Among the great range of smartphones on offer, we have fantastic handsets from OPPO. Get superfast downloads and eye-popping night-time footage with the Reno4 Z 5G. Go pro with the incredible OPPO Reno4 Pro or give yourself the gift of all-day battery life and lightning-fast charging with the OPPO A53.

Also, switch to any 12-month SIM only deal and get up to £50 to spend at Currys; as always, you’ll have unlimited calls and texts no matter which plan you go for.

Competition: The chance to make my famous Christmas stuffing and cranberry sauce is the best. roll on the 25th

But of course, Christmas is a time of giving. And this month, we’ve got a great competition to get your festive season off to the ultimate start. We’ve teamed up with OPPO to give one lucky winner a brand-new OPPO Reno4 Z 5G.

It has a ton of great features to love, including super-fast connectivity, a brilliant 120 Hz 6.57-inch screen, dual-lens front camera and 48MP quad rear camera. Capture that perfect in-motion clip with Ultra Steady Video and share it with your mates online in a flash.

For a chance to win, tell us what you love most about the festive season. Whether it’s the family vibe, the food, or the movie marathons, let us know in the comments below.

Competition ends on Monday 14th December, winner announced shortly after. If you can’t wait to get your hands on a new phone, you can check out all our fantastic OPPO deals here.

Best of luck, and have a wonderful Christmas from all of us at iD Mobile!

The chance to make my famous Christmas stuffing ( family recipe) and cranberry sauce is a must. Roll on the 25th

The best thing i love about Christmas is all the repeats on t.v. you can't get enough of them 

As I sit here now thinking about pass Christmases as a child I can smell the fresh pines of the Christmas tree,with home made decorations that myself and three brothers made.The smell of dinner coming into the sitting room as my mam played Christmas music and I could hear  her singing as she made dinner.The table that nothing ever match ...but it was perfect,we never had much but we always had a family Christmas and each other and that is what Christmas is all about not the presents but loving each other and being thankfull for family and friends. 

what I like most about the festive season is seeing the faces of joy and glee on the children, and adults for that matter ,when they open there presents or see a distant relative for the first time in years when they were not expected,only at Christmas times is it ever such happy familys,roll on the next one,merry christmas to one and all.

Userlevel 1

I love to see all of the outside lights around the streets. And to spend time with family and friends

Why iD Mobile?