How to beat your post-holiday blues

How to beat your post-holiday blues

Show first post

101 replies

I’ve been enjoying Richard Osman’s Thursday Murder Club books.  The characters are great and it’s easy to read.

I love any podcast relating to conspiracy theories my absolute favourite is anything to do with the moon landing hoax how on earth did we ever get past the deadly Van Allen radiation belts why did we "destroy the apollo mission technology" have you seen the "blue Peter sticky back plastic lunar lander" beggars belief really love a podcast that questions what were told was true in 🏫

Userlevel 1

I mostly read Fantasy such as Tolkien Terry Brooks Katherine Kerr Trudi Canavan etc but will read most other stuff as the mood takes me. Am impatient so tend to by Hardbacks rather than wait for paperbacks to come out.

I listen in to different podcasts as the mood takes me. 

I love relaxing with epic fantasy or sci-fi books or audiobooks. Currently reading the Mistborn series in preparation for the next release!

Any book by Alexander Mcall Smith.  So readable.

Userlevel 1

I have no particular favourite author but I am enjoying some sci-fi books at the moment, anything from epic space battles to monsters and creature features. I’m going through several books a week at present and can’t get enough :)

My favourite author just now is Willow Rose. So easy to get caught up with the story and loose all track of time.

Userlevel 2

My favourite book is Hunger Games The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes. It is very different to the other ones but is very interesting to get a different view on things and seeing things from certain peoples eyes can really change your perspective on things. I would recommend it but only after you have read (or listened to) the other ones. 

Stephen Kings books amazing writing ✍️ 

Userlevel 1

My favourite author currently is Matt haigh, I’m currently reading the Radleys as an after work wind down and have lots more in my list! I started reading during Covid to take my mind away from the world and I still love it now! 

Love the godfather book. I could read it over and over again. 

I love reading mystic romances so I can just loose myself in the sensual fiction, it is so easy to read, romantic vampires, sexy wolfs, and alians that know how to treat a woman. 

Userlevel 1

I literally read anything but I particularly like Jeffrey Archer and the Scarpetti novels 😎🥂

Userlevel 2

My favourite podcasts are any by Danny Robbins. Haunted,  The Battersea Poltergeist and Uncanny.  My favourite books to unwind with are any by MacKenzie Crook. I think they’re meant for children really but I’m a 63 year old big kid who loves fairies! 

I really enjoy crime thrillers with a comedy element. I've really been enjoying books by Jana DeLeon.

Shane Todd’s “Tea with me” podcast is hilarious - a weekly podcast with some of Northern Ireland’s best comedians and general funny people. Never fails to lift my mood and make me forget the day to day nonsense we all have to deal with.

Userlevel 1

Love winding down listening to Chris Demakes a Podcast. He's the guitarist and singer of Less Than Jake, and they discuss different songs and the creation of them. Really interesting.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Anything by Micheal Crichton or John Grisham

Userlevel 1

I love any Dean Koontz books, you can never put them down

Userlevel 1

My treasured book is “girl in pieces” the reason being I can connect and relate to it to a certain extend. I enjoy reading it and being able to understand the book it self and the recovery battle/ pain the main character goes through. The message through out the book about not being alone, not standing in the dark by yourself along with it showing you many ways on how to grow from a current time in life. Many people of all ages can sympathise with it as it’s a great book.

Userlevel 1

My favourite author at the moment is Colleen Hoover her books are really addictive and keep you on edge, reading is my new found chill time as I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old ☺️

Userlevel 1

My favourite way to wind down is to listen to the BBC’s podcast of The Archers. It’s only 13 minutes long but wow it packs loads in to those few minutes. The storylines are always interesting and a few years back there was a whole thing about coercive behaviour and domestic violence. It certainly didn’t send me to sleep! At the moment there are storylines about a male prostitute and a pregnant teenager. 

The podcast is on Sunday to Friday with only a Saturday off. And on the Saturday I listen to Dumteedum which is a complete mickey take of the Archers. I love it. 

James Patterson books - particularly about Detective 
Alex Cross - gripping!

Userlevel 1

My favourite podcast is "stuff they don't want you to know" because it takes a critical look at daft conspiracy theories, really nice way to unwind !

Userlevel 1

My absolute favourite author right now is Karin Slaughter. She writes crime novels. She's has written a few book sets that are well worth getting involved in. I'm currently reading her new book Girl Forgotten. If this does interest you, go to her website to find the best order to read her books. Trust me, they are so worth it. Enjoy

Stacey 😋