Blog

New Year, New You

New Year, New You

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

186 replies

Happy new year!  My resolution is to have something planned each weekend (even just a short walk) to meet up with a friend.  Have not seen enough of them over the last two years and am excited to catch up with them all x

Userlevel 1

Live life as if each day us my last.  Stretch every morning, watch Headspace wake up story while I make coffee, meditate, walk ever day, call family and friends more often and stop and smell the roses 🌹 and try to do small kind acts of surprise anonymously to brighten people's day x

Love that you want to do it anonymously, for me that ahows you're doing it for tham and not for the recognition. 💜

I would love to learn a new language, in particular Arabic. 

Userlevel 1

Not so much a NY resolution, have been planning it for a few months.

Anyway, after a decade of abusing my body with alcohol, neglecting my creative talents, and finally getting out of a bad relationship.

I have decided to spend this year focussing on bettering myself in all those categories.

I've cut out alcohol except for gigs, parties and special occasions, even then I'll be keeping my consumption low.

I've started a creative writing course, and me and a friend are cooperating on a screen play project with the aim of having filmed a couple of short films this year.

I am taking up yoga, and beginning a jiu-jitsu journey both for discipline and health reasons.

Finally I am not focussing on chasing the opposite sex, if the opportunity presents itself I won't get in my own way, however I'm not actively pursuing anything either.

to watch more films from my watchlist!

My new year's resolution is to manage my time better , make more time for us and to be healthier than ever. 

Remember, you are still breathing so enjoy each day as it comes. Worry not!

My New Years resolution is to work on looking after my good mental health 💙

My New year's resolution is to save enough to be able to afford our own place for my family and our little baby

Spend more time with family and eat health 

My new years resolution is to stay clear of the wrong choices and continue on the good path! And to be the best husband to my beautiful wife! 

Userlevel 1

I'm going to finish my book and lose a stone.

Probably in that order.

Userlevel 1

My new years resolution is to leave home more often, go out and enjoy life, over the last 2 years we have spent far too much  locked away at home.

Whenever I travel, I take plenty of photos and videos on my phones and cameras as a visual record of the amazing places I have experienced and unfortunately I have not transferred all of these onto my iPad. Some of my old phones do not use Bluetooth or the internet and the cameras have a selection of memory cards which are difficult to access with my current technology. My NYR is to take time to enjoy and collect these pictures together.

Travel is more difficult in Covid times so these older pictures on my Blackberry and camera mean so much more to me now!

Userlevel 1

Try and become more organised - it’s always a struggle that constantly threatens to overwhelm me, but I just can’t seem to make routines stick

Userlevel 1

To stop poking my girlfriend’s bear :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Try and lose weight and start to love myself again and find my confidence to get back out in the real world.

My new years resolution it to stop using as much gas and electricity during the year. So I can at least be warm for a while in winter

Lose weight, get healthier and stress less. 

My New Years resolution is to make time to do at least one craft activity a week. Maybe not complete it as some can take months but at least spend a few hours doing something crafty.

I haven’t made a resolution for years as it was always get fit, eat healthy, change who I am, etc which we’re always failures. This time I’m making one that makes me happy and am more likely to keep which ultimately doesn’t make me feel like a failure at the end of the year. This is more than you’ve asked for but I hope it helps inspire others 😊

As am in my 60th year it is my resolution to put my affairs in order 

Hi I plan to eat healthy and fresh produce with the help of gusto a new found love and excitement for cooking around my busy schedule and to take up more exercise mainly running as I do enjoy early morning runs!!! Hopefully the weather is kind to me 🤞

My New Years Resolution is to take care of my mental health and try to take some time out to focus on my health and wellbeing.  Also to be more aware of my family’s and friend’s wellbeing as well.

I recently moved to a new city so my new years resolution is to try anything and everything new! 🌇

Userlevel 1

My new years resolution is to spend more money at Currys.

Why iD Mobile?