October Community Newsletter Competition - Closed

October Community Newsletter Competition - Closed

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

299 replies

It might be in the sci-fi bracket but the original Alien film has to be the best horror film. It's all about the tension and what could happen rather than what actually happens as the actual Alien only gets about 17mins screen time!
A quiet place
Userlevel 1
Loved Insidious but if I had to choose a classic it'd have to be It!
Without a doubt The Shinning is the scariest film ever.
Don't Look Now! - with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie

So gripping, the suspense builds up slowly. I watched it years ago and it
really affected me. I've never been able to watch it again though.
The Shining
Witchfinder General staring Vincent Price. He will rid you of Satan for a quantity of silver.
Jeepers Creepers is the best , i think
I love the original IT movie
I am not a fan of horror movies... Bambi or the Lion King are as far as I can go with horror.
Mine has to be Jaws, one of the first scary films I watched as a child. Living in Cornwall, I was afraid to go into the sea for months! 🦈👀💦
Has to be The Exorcist!
Userlevel 1
Arthur Hitchcock's classic Psycho
Paranormal Activity, only because I can't cope with blood or gore which makes me pretty useless when it comes to horror movies 😂
nightmare on elm street
The Silence of the Lambs does it for me - even with Jodie Foster's puzzlingly put-on speech impediment.
My first encounter with Horror Movies is way back many Full Moons ago!! When I first watched Christopher Lee ..the Horror Ledgend! ...as Dracula!! Totally hooked on Horror movies since. Love all the the classic ones Omen, Exocist, etc. But the Shining ..Jack Nicholas ..Top Ledgend!! is my favourite.
The Descent
Rosemary's baby and the hills have eyes hold joint place as my favourite horror
Alien

or

for a one-off scare scene: Wait until Dark (1967)
Saw (the original). I haven’t seen 2 and 3 though 😱
The exorcist - creepy girl still gets me
Re-Animator (1985).
I’ve got to say scary movie it’s not too scary and also funny.
nightmare on elm street
Why iD Mobile?