Blog

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Our Christmas deals have landed! - Competition

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

224 replies

My all time favorite Christmas gift was a Barbie camper with all the trimmings. It was second hand but it had everything from Barbie and Ken to Knifes and forks

Best Christmas present ever has been, because I hope someone can top it up, a-10-night-trip to NYC on my own ! Epic !

For me it was a new computer as my then current PC was a 5th tier hand me down running Windows 98 SE. Running Windows 7 let me catch up and play new games etc. 

Userlevel 1

My greatest gift was my first digital camera as a teenager, as I loved taking photos. A digital camera meant that I had the freedom to take more photos and delete! 

The best gift I had was a bike when I was little because it was so unexpected. It was a Raleigh Chopper. 

Userlevel 2

A pinball machine! My dad did some work for a family running an arcade and he took part payment with a full sized pinball machine. I thought i was the pinball wizard from the film ‘Tommy’. It took up half my bedroom and I loved it.

My best Christmas gift was a Sega when I was a child it made me so happy

Tricky. Different presents at different ages always have their own unique "greatness" and memories. But the most long-lived memory must either be the OO Hornby trainset, which my dad had set up on a large board in the attic, or the 6ft snooker table, also in the attic, which my brother and I spent hours and hours playing. 

When I was five my parents gave me a pink gameboy colour. It was the first time I had received anything if it’s kind. It came with the Pokémon yellow aswell, Pokémon was my favourite thing at the time. I still remember it and still have the gameboy over 20 years later (sitting somewhere packed safely away) 

An engagement ring from my now husband 10 years ago - a lovely surprise!

I feel like the best gifts I have received are very small, inexpensive things, but items that I know that the person has put a lot of thought into, or make me realise that they really listen to what I say and remember them. Things like small plushies my partner has bought me that I have mentioned in passing when in stores and then forgotten about myself, or things that I mention in conversation that I would like and then people take notice of them, and surprise me with them. Those are always my favourite kinds of gifts! 

I add a train set for Christmas, but no transformer, so when I plug ed in to the mains, there was smoke and the train melted the track, no moor train set.

As a child, I was given a wee runt piglet by a neighbouring farmer. He went for walks with the dogs and rolled over to have his belly rubbed. I loved him to bits. Sadly I came home from school one day to find he had ended up in the freezer. I will still not eat pork.

The greatest gift I received was when I was a kid and really wanted a bike. It lasted me for 7 yrs even tho i grew out of it, It was the only bike i ever had from new. I did my paper round and hung out with my friends i loved that bike

Let me take you back to the 1960,s when on Christmas morning  I thought I had only got a small tin of Quality Street, an orange &  an apple in my stocking. (Apple not as we know it now high tech!)  To my delight Mum appeared with a parcel that I opened to discover a transistor radio.  It was bigger than two house bricks but belted out my favourites, The Beatles, Rolling Stones & Beach Boys so I was really happy & managed to carry it around with me.  I know Mum saved vèry hard  to get it which made it extra special xx

Userlevel 1

That would be when I was still at primary school and I had been longing for a pair of roller boots to replace the metal strap on scates I had. They were blue and yellow with a yellow end stop on each boot. I loved them so much I wore them as much as I could - I remember I wore them to school one day and forgot to take proper shoes with me so ahd to wear my PE plimsolls all day. I must have been so fit back then!!

Userlevel 1

A few years ago my partner took me diving with sharks. It was incredible!

My best ever present was the Ghostbusters Fire Station, which I had wanted all year, after loving the Real Ghostbusters cartoon on TV. After loving the toy for months and going through countless tubs of slime, I fell in love with it all over again on seeing the original film and getting add-on toys for later birthdays. I passed on all of these toys to my son when he turned three and he loves them every bit as much as I did.

The greatest gift I ever received was a family holiday to Corfu. It was from my mum and it was our first holiday as a family with our eldest

Userlevel 1

My best present ever was my sewing machine & I didn’t even know I wanted one! I have loved watching the Great British Sewing Bee on TV for years, but never thought I would be able to sew anything myself. I am disabled so I have struggled for hobbies that I can take part in without too much pain, so when my husband surprised me with my own sewing machine, I was nervous, but it turned out I loved it. I can actually make wearable clothes & I enjoy doing it!

Well, I was too young to remember, but for my first Christmas, my parents gave me a little silver bell ornament with my name and birthday on it.

I have been told I completely ignored it, even when they let me shake it and hear it ring. As years went by, I remember hanging it on the tree each year. And while it was nice to see a familiar ornament, I was much more interested in my stocking and toys.

Almost 60 years later, I still hang my silver bell on the tree each year, but now it is a warm memory of all my Christmases, with family and friends, many of whom are now gone. It’s just a little silver bell, probably plated, not sterling, but it’s not Christmas each year until I place it on the tree.

I got a red Raleigh Chopper for my Christmas in 1976.  I was told I was getting a bike but that I would’t be a Chopper because it ‘looked ridiculouse’. Best surprise ever, I loved that bike!

Userlevel 1

The best one was being left alone to do as I please all Christmas week (other half went abroad to spend it with his mother).  Probably wouldn’t want to repeat it every year, but once in a while it’s really great to have a chance to only listen to yourself and your own desires

Over 40 years ago i was given a tortoise called Tommy for Christmas.  He is still going strong!

My favourite xmas present was a micro machines  race-in a case. I went crazy with it playing non-stop for over 12hr

Why iD Mobile?