Question

4g coverage

• 23 February 2024
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

I've been with Id Mobile for quite a while and 4g coverage was strong both indoors and out. Recently though the coverage has been very poor. Most of the time one bar, occasionally two but quite often nothing. Definitely thinking of leaving. 

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps there’s upgrade works, network faults, regular congestion, etcetera in your area, @Howard Lowe

Check online at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network-and-coverage/network-support.

Userlevel 1

I had this same issue a few weeks ago. Turned out they were doing some work on my local mast. It went back to normal after a few days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Howard Lowe 

Sorry to hear this, how long have you been having issues?

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom, 

My 4g signal dropped from solid 4 bars to typically one bar a couple of weeks ago.

My postcode is GL170AN.

Sometimes now, I get nothing at all. I have a Samsung A34 5g and I have powered off then on, airplane mode and reset network settings.

Thanks

Howard

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems like too many users for network cell in your area, @Howard Lowe.

Similar no signal Bristol area

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Dave Gully @Howard Lowe,

Welcome to the Community!

Work and outages can last a few days whilst the team works on getting a fix in place.

I would advise to let us know if the issue isn’t fixed in the next 48/72 hours and we can get it escalated.

Kash

Userlevel 1

OP did it get fixed?

Userlevel 1

No fix yet. Either no bars or one bar. It used to be very strong. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No fix yet. Either no bars or one bar. It used to be very strong. 

Looks like there’s an issue in your area, @Howard Lowe.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Howard Lowe,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Same here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mgb311,

How long have you experienced the issue in your area?

Have you checked the coverage checker to see if there is any ongoing work in the area?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Over a month now. It us so bad that I am going to change provider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Howard Lowe,

I can see that we are currently helping you via PM and we will update you as soon as possible.

If there is anything you wish to add, please feel free to provide further information via PM.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?