Question

Account Set Up Invite

• 21 December 2023
  • 17 replies

I need my account set up invite email resending to me - it has expired. 

As a result I cannot log in to use live chat. 

ID Mobile have created a catch 22 situation where customers are stuck and have to a ask a question on community board - absolutely bonkers!

Very frustrating situation. Will never touch ID Mobile again. 

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried to register for your “My iD Account”, online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk, @Supplier?

Horrendous excuse for a mobile network! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems iD Mobile is primarily a handset retailer, who happen to lease bandwidth from Three UK. 

I couldn’t register because they sent me a security code which I can’t access - the sim is in a 4G router at a remote site

If there was just someone I could speak to via phone or live chat this could be resolved in 30 seconds! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can normally read an SMS sent to a mobile broadband router by using the router’s web interface. The router’s user guide would usually explain how to do this. 

Unfortunately, iD being no-frills means they don’t have a telephone support helpline, @Supplier.

The 4G route is miles away.

ALL I NEED IS FOR SOMEONE TO RESEND THE ORIGINAL ACCOUNT SETUP EMAIL! 

BUT I CANT ACCESS LIVE CHAT WITHOUT BEING LOGGED IN - WHICH IS A RIDCULOUS POLICY, THAT’S THE ROOT CAUSE OF THIS ISSUE!

ID MOBILE SHOULDN’T BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH HAVING NO LIVE CHAT AND NO PHONE LINES - HOW IS THIS LEGAL? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure @Supplier, but is remote access to the web interface on the router enabled @Supplier

Otherwise, perhaps try sending iD support a private message using Facebook Messenger, or X (formerly Twitter) DM. The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Jesus, so many simple queries must end up as complaints - here we go, complaints procedure it is! 

How do I log a complaint without logging in? 

(because the complaint is about not being able to log in)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Supplier, you can phone to register a complaint - call iD Complaints Team on 0800 049 2402.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Supplier 

To be honest with you I was with this company only a few days and cancelled my contract and I’m still having hassle now with the company and they’ve even started deleting pages that I’ve told people how S@@T this company is so I’m now taking screenshots of the pages I write on to use as evidence against the company as I’m going to take them to the ombudsman but I’ve got to wait due to a set time frame.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Supplier

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having attempting to register for the app. 

You do not need to be logged in to contact our Live Chat team, if you do not have your CS PIN available, they’ll send you a short form to fill in just so they can verify your identity.  

Please let me know if you’ve been told otherwise, and we’ll I’ll look in to it for you. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @Supplier 

To be honest with you I was with this company only a few days and cancelled my contract and I’m still having hassle now with the company and they’ve even started deleting pages that I’ve told people how S@@T this company is so I’m now taking screenshots of the pages I write on to use as evidence against the company as I’m going to take them to the ombudsman but I’ve got to wait due to a set time frame.

Hey @Peter Mills, do you plan to report back here, with the ruling of the Communications Ombudsman in your dispute? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Peter Mills

I believe one of our Community Moderators has been in contact via direct message, to attempt to help you resolve your issue? If not, please let me know and I’ll get them to contact you as soon as possible. 

I can assure you, we haven’t delete any comments, you’re welcome to voice your opinion, as long as they don’t go against our Community Guidelines

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nikhil P 

Just to let you know there’s many people replying to my messages and they’re all agreeing with me about the hassle they’re having with this company.

@Supplier 

This is a reply off one of the other people that have contacted me so please take note.

Thanks @petermills 

Just a waste of time trying to get the agents to do anything. All you get is delays repeated holds, put through to other agents. They haven't got a clue. The customer service is non existent bar the very basic of requests. This one is way beyond their capacity. I can't stand this company and will be publishing an in depth  review on my site. What's the point of a forum that isn't manned  by anyone who can actually solve the problem. Pathetic 

Why iD Mobile?