Solved

Can't register my new sim card and mobile number. Dont receive verification passcode from ID

Userlevel 1

Hi all, 

Hope I can get some help as by now I am quite desperate. 

My problem is that I'm not receiving the verification pass code after I register on the ID mobile app. 

Therfore, I can't register my new SIM and further proceed to transfer my old number on to ID mobile and my new phone. 

It says it's going to send me a text with passcode on the new mobile number but I never receive anything. How can I get over this obstacle? 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 May 2024, 10:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You should be able to switch without registering for an iD account online, @Elwinny.

Do this online from https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite the problem is not the switching between SIM cards. The first hurdle is that I can't register the original SIM that ID mobile sent me. I registered myself on the app,  but it will only go to the place where it says "Enter the passcode that we will send you on your new mobile number " - but I never received this text. 

No matter what I try. Reinstalled the app, re-registered, switched the phone off and on, but no luck. I can't get through to register the SIM on to the Network. 

I hope that make sense! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Elwinny, your original post mentioned you want to transfer your old number to iD Mobile.

You don’t need to register with iD in order to transfer your number using a PAC from your old service provider.

Userlevel 1

Not yet @andewhite , but hopefully once the first issue is sorted I will need your advise as well. So thank you!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure why you need the first issue sorted, @Elwinny

You should be able to switch from your old provider to iD Mobile without registering first, which can be done online from https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/

You can use the iD Live Chat service without being registered - an online adviser can process your PAC.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite thank you. I finally managed to get someone on Live Chat that knew what they are doing and helped me. I am now in the process of transferring my old mobile number on to ID mobile…

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Elwinny,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know and we would be happy to help.

Kash