Question

Can't top up or buy a bundle via the website

• 25 October 2022
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 1

I am currently trying to buy a £20 bundle but it just keeps redirecting me to my account home page and telling me an error has occurred.

I don’t have a card registered but even clicking “add a card” does the same thing.

Is there a problem with the website at the mo?

This topic has been closed for comments

31 replies

I’m also having this problem. 

My parents are on PAYG. I am logging in as them to top-up on the website for them, but when I click to top-up, there are no options to put card details in or select any method of payment. 

I click confirm and it gives me an error message (see images below). 

This is happening on mobile and laptop.

This is what I see on mobile and laptop - it suggests there will be something to put card details in (judging by the tick box of saving your new card), but nothing is ever displayed.
If I click confirm - perhaps on the premise that payment details might be added on the next page - it just reverts me back to the dashboard with this error.

Userlevel 1

Id suggest haranguing them through twitter or facebook.  Got far more useful responses through that.  Maybe worth pointing them at this thread as well.

Good luck!  Hope it doesn’t take as long for you to get it sorted!

Can anyone help through here? I tried on social but because I said the sim is for my 73 year old dad, they wouldn’t even discuss the fact the issue is clearly something to do with the ID website and not my dad’s account, because “I’m not the account holder”. 

They said he would have to go on - he’s 73! I just want to stick £20 on his PAYG, like I’ve previously been able to do for x-amount of years that he’s been with ID! 

Userlevel 2

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/

there is something up with the website though. 

I want to upgrade my sim only to a different plan but i cant see what's on offer on the site.

try the link and you'll see,  January 23

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Can anyone help through here? I tried on social but because I said the sim is for my 73 year old dad, they wouldn’t even discuss the fact the issue is clearly something to do with the ID website and not my dad’s account, because “I’m not the account holder”. 

They said he would have to go on - he’s 73! I just want to stick £20 on his PAYG, like I’ve previously been able to do for x-amount of years that he’s been with ID! 

Okay @RichardWilson84, other members @Dejan Dimitrov and @groovycarrot solved this by entering the address in the profile using the address search box and their post code, on the website.

Doing this filled out the address form differently to how they’d been entering it manually. The card holder address for billing might also need to match the profile address for your Dad’s iD account.

Good luck @RichardWilson84

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/

there is something up with the website though. 

I want to upgrade my sim only to a different plan but i cant see what's on offer on the site.

try the link and you'll see,  January 23

Hey @Reuben Robertson, nothing wrong with the website, it’s an issue with cookies. I take it the error you are getting is “URL Not supported”

Try logging out of your Community acount before visiting.

If that doesn’t work, try incognito/private browsing. I have fed the issue back already as it sometimes occurs for me too. The Team are working on fixing this.

As for the top up issue @RichardWilson84 

As @andewhite  suggested, you need to add your address into the account online.

The issue is that Banks have recently increased their security checks (3DS2) and this has led to issues with topping up on PAYG accounts.

A PAYG SIM when activated will have no name or address assigned to it. 

This needs to be manually done.

Previosuly this worked fine when topping up hence the recent issues. 

Now the security check Banks run check against the address which can’t be done if there’s no address hence the issue.

If you update this for your Father via the app/account, you should be able to sort this.

It won’t yet work via the app as we’re still working on implementing the update but the website online service works fine.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?