Solved

Carrier settings lost after iphone update

Userlevel 1

My sons iPhone 7 had an update recently and for some reason there were no carrier settings sent.  I’ve tried everything, Apple Store (said it was a network provider issue) multiple resets, new SIM card and still nothing!  End result, he cannot use the phone to make or receive calls.  Is there any way to get the carrier settings sent to the phone?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 7 March 2023, 12:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

32 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I don’t think any network is going to waste too much support time on getting a 7 year old phone to work on their network tbh. If it no longer works on the iD mobile then all you can do is replace it or switch networks.

Userlevel 1

Good point… shame this is all a disposable ethos now though.  Cant use an old phone any more… 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You might be able to use phone on a different mobile network - perhaps try a giffgaff PAYG SIM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Mothflyer,

If you’ve not got another SIM to test, you can try popping into your local Currys to troubleshoot and they can try using one there if they have a Vodafone SIM to test.

It does sound like the SIM is working fine and providing services but the issue being localised to the handset which you’re advising is caused by the carrirer settings.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone, cant be bothered any more with iD mobile.  Have already ordered a SIM from giffgaff. Hope they're a little better at providing the necessary support.  You've all been great though thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mothflyer,

Please can you test a different network SIM in the iPhone as that will allow us to know if the issue is with the SIM or the handset.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mothflyer,

Please can you test a different network SIM in the iPhone as that will allow us to know if the issue is with the SIM or the handset.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?