Solved

CHANGE MY SIM ONLY PLAN

• 8 September 2022
  • 8 replies

I have had a SIM only plan for several years. It’s a 1 month contract at £7 per month. I receive 5gb data (even though my account states 2.5gb) plus 500 minutes and 5000 texts.

I see that iD Mobile are offering 12GB of data with unlimited texts and minutes for £7 per month on a 1 month contract (the same as I am currently paying) - or even 20GB for just a pound more at £8 per month.

How can I change my plan to one of the above and still remain on a 1 month contract?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 8 September 2022, 13:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @TONYBENNELL, after you sign-in to your iD My Account online (at https://my.idmobile.co.uk), or sign-in to the iD app, you should have an option (somewhere) to change your plan.

Hopefully when you’ve signed-in and gone to the change plan option, you’ll see a 1-month plan that suits you.

Anyway, there’s more about changing plan in the iD community FAQ “How do I change my plan?”.

Good luck.

Thank you ‘andewhite’. I’ve looked at the iD app and seen the list of plans available. However, whilst they state details of data, minutes, texts and costs they do not state the term of contract. According to the iD newsletter I received today the plan I would change to would have a 1 month contract.  I’m reluctant to change my plan and then find that I’ve entered into a 12 month contract.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @TONYBENNELL, I’d expect there to be an option (somewhere) to ‘view details’ of the plan before you commit to a change.

If not, I suggest using facebook (using Messenger) or Twitter (by Direct Message), to contact the iD social media team for details of contract durations.

FYI, any out-of-hours messages left on facebook or Twitter are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

Good luck.
🤞

Thanks again ‘andewhite’.  It now appears to me that there is one list of plans applicable to new customers whilst if you try to upgrade your existing plan via your account there are different options available which are not as good as those advertised.  Seems unfair that a loyal customer for several years cannot change to a more suitable plan.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks again ‘andewhite’.  It now appears to me that there is one list of plans applicable to new customers whilst if you try to upgrade your existing plan via your account there are different options available which are not as good as those advertised.  Seems unfair that a loyal customer for several years cannot change to a more suitable plan.

Yes @TONYBENNELL, I agree completely.

So many companies offer incentives for new customers, whilst neglecting their long standing customers. It seems unfair, but is common place anyway.

I was an iD customer until recently, but switched to SMARTY who make things so much easier if you have multiple SIM cards - as I do.

Try calling the iD telephone sales team on 020 7139 1397 - they might be able to offer you a deal.

Many thanks ‘andewhite’. I may give them a call.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Many thanks ‘andewhite’. I may give them a call.

The only ‘stick’ you’ve got is to let iD know that you’re thinking of leaving - they might try to at least match the new customer offers for you.
🤞

Not a bad idea ‘andewhite’.

Why iD Mobile?