Solved

changing to sim only

• 27 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi

my 24 month contract is due to end on 18th December. I have been given options for updates now on the id mobile app. I’ve seen that you can upgrade 2 months before your contract end date. But I’m looking to switch to a sim only rolling month option so technically a downgrade? It’s says I am able to make that switch now. I just want to know since I’m downgrading, what will happen if I switch now as my contract doesn’t actually end until December. Will I be charged for both contracts at the same time or will I continue paying the Remainder of my contract until December and then it’ll just start on the sim only automatically once it’s ended? 

hope that makes sense.

Thanks 

Ella 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 October 2022, 18:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t work for iD but, it’s hard to see how your 24-month phone contract would actually be paid in-full 2 months early, unless additional payments are taken by iD?

A 24-month contract is the only iD plan, which allows you to update early - I suspect iD hope customers choose another very profitable 24-month phone contract, not a SIM only plan.

The online community FAQ “Pay monthly upgrades: Everything you need to know”, states your new contract would start straight-away but, nothing in the FAQ explains how payments are sorted out.

Anyway, good luck @ella.henry.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. 
Thank you for replying! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi

my 24 month contract is due to end on 18th December. I have been given options for updates now on the id mobile app. I’ve seen that you can upgrade 2 months before your contract end date. But I’m looking to switch to a sim only rolling month option so technically a downgrade? It’s says I am able to make that switch now. I just want to know since I’m downgrading, what will happen if I switch now as my contract doesn’t actually end until December. Will I be charged for both contracts at the same time or will I continue paying the Remainder of my contract until December and then it’ll just start on the sim only automatically once it’s ended? 

hope that makes sense.

Thanks 

Ella 

You can upgrade to a handset contract in the last 60-days of your contract term or a SIM only plan in the last 30-days. Upgrading (or downgrading to a SIM only, still classed as upgrading) will just replace your existing contract with a new one and we’d calculate a pro-rata bill next month.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?