Question

desparate cry for help no connectivity for 2 days

• 16 December 2023
  • 13 replies

So I moved to ID last week and my number switching day was yesterday 15/11 

Since yesterday at 2:00pm I lost all connectivity, and my sim is not recognised by ID... Reached out to customer service who were clueless, everything they suggested I've already tried! I even went and got a new SIM from curry and activated it on my account and still absolutely nothing! Every other sim I tried work on my phone and my ID sim did not work or being recognised by any other phones! 

I now have no phone number, no data, and my phones keep giving me "sim not provisioned - emergency calls only". no ability to make or receive calls, no ability to receive messages including those from banks and online accounts that need to verify me (vital for my work).

I'm not even able to get my PAC to close my account and move somewhere else as obviously I can't receive texts!

I'm stuck I can't even just go and get another contract somewhere else straight away as my problem is my dependence on my number that I now can't retrieve!!!

This experience is beyond stressful ..I'm in physical pain because of it! I wish I never made the move.

Ive just joined to pay bills and get no connectivity it seems!

Any one can offer any advice?? I feel huge anger and this is taking me to dark places...please help.

13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @RayC 

I’ve never known a company like this one.

I’m telling you like everyone else cancel your contact your old provider.

I had a phone and SIMO contract through this company and after the 2nd day I had enough and it took me a week to talk to someone as it’s live chat only Mon - Fri between 9am & 8pm then it’s meant to be 9 & 6 on the weekend.

Even now after 2 weeks of first speaking to someone I’m still waiting for my old number to be transferred back they had said I was going to get a full refund but even that’s not happened yet.

All I can suggest is text PAC then your date of birth as at least that way you have some sort of proof to get away from the company but just keep trying to message them on the live chat to cancel your contract.

Best of luck to you,

Peter.

Problem is I can't even txt PAC, my SIM is not connected ... No connectivity..it's a dead piece of metal and plastic in my phone

Userlevel 1

If you go to another company then at least you’ve got a phone to use and if you had brought the contact online you have 30 days grace period where as in store it’s 14 days but you’ll just have to keep trying but another thing I had done was I had taken screen shots of the conversations I was having so I’ve got proof when I take it to the ombudsman as that is the way it’s heading.

Hey peter, of course I took screenshots of all my chats with customer service .. but that's a different battle. My priority now is to get back my number!

I managed to get a PAC online however I'm not even sure if this is a PAC for the default number they assigned me with or the switched number especially that the switch seems to have not happened correctly or I would have had a connection, which I had before the switch!

Userlevel 1

Sorry @RayC  I forgot to say still try and text for your pac code and then take a screen shot of it from another phone as that you’ve tried to get it as it takes them forever to do anything and at least you’ve got proof so that way they can’t argue with you like they’ve done with me.

I had messaged someone else and someone from the company had came back with a generic reply to them saying please contact us via live chat if needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RayC,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the issues that you have experienced.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Did you just private message me to fish my @Kash personal data? Is this a scam?

Userlevel 1

Hi @RayC 

No Kash is one of the staff as I’ve dealt with him and I’m glad I’m out of this company and back with my old supplier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RayC 

We aren’t fishing your personal data, we’re employees on the @iD Support account and would like to help via PMs there.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peter Mills 

I understand you’re frustrated however we’d kindly ask that you don’t go to every post you can find and spam.

We’ve already private messaged you to ask if you need further assistance, but you’ve ignored this.

Tom

@Tom @Peter Mills is right,

Your customer service is the worst. it's like dealing with useless robots. Every time one contacts you... U give the same copy paste answers from your trouble shooting notes! The exact same advice regardless the fact that you gave that same advice on the last five communications but you don't know any better and you can't do anything!

It's a a cheap £10/month contract but cheaper 1p/ year customer service!

Sometimes I doubt you even get minimum wage

@Peter Mills your posts are not spamming, they are more useful than customer service as I ended up following your advice! The only one that works!

Userlevel 1

Thank you @RayC very much appreciated.

Why iD Mobile?