Question

Help please! Transferring number from EE to ID

• 5 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

I’ve searched a couple of the threads and everyone seems helpful here. I purchased a new phone and inserted my PAC number when completing the transaction. Phone arrived - great. Switchover day happened and I received a message to say that the number had been transferred. 

Yet, I was still receiving calls to my old phone.

Spoke to the live chat person just now that was incredibly unhelpful and did not help at all. Said that I need to contact EE - I don’t know why. The tech team would contact me and then started putting me through a complaints procedure.

Please can someone just help me understand what I need to do to get the calls to come through to the new phone?

I thought that once I gave the PAC code, they transferred the number and deactivated the EE account. Maybe I misunderstood?

Thanks all. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

OFCOM rules state that iD are 100% responsible for transferring your number from EE to iD @alb1991.

What date was the transfer supposed to take place @alb1991?

If your old phone, using your ‘old’ EE SIM card still works, I’m sorry to say it sounds like your number transfer to iD Mobile has gone wrong.

If I was in your position @alb1991, I’d contact the iD social media customer care team for help, using facebook or Twitter, by sending them a private message.

The agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends (and bank holidays).

OFCOM rules state that iD are 100% responsible for transferring your number from EE to iD @alb1991.

What date was the transfer supposed to take place @alb1991?

If the your old phone and old EE SIM are still active, I’m sorry to say that it sounds like your number transfer to iD Mobile has gone wrong.

If I was in your position @alb1991, I’d contact the iD social media customer care team for help, using facebook or Twitter, by sending them a private message.

The agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends (and bank holidays).

Thank you! I followed a lot of your advice on here before trying to contact them. It is meant to be today. Maybe I’ve acted prematurely, but I couldn’t get over the unsupportiveness from the Live Chat person. 

I’ve been going round in circles with them for about 2 hours now. Think I need a cup of tea and then contact them via social media. I don’t even know what I’m saying to them. 

I genuinely thought I could contact them and they’d suggest sending another PAC code?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your number transfer is today, then it may not be completed until 10pm tonight @alb1991.

Number transfers do happen instantly either - when I transferred my number to iD, there was around 5-hours when I had no service, before my number became active on my iD SIM card at around 3pm. 

I’d recommend leaving your new phone with the iD SIM turned OFF, and check every 45-minutes to see if the transfer is complete. Leave the phone off between checks.

In my experience, iD live chat is a bit of a lottery - you might hit the jackpot occasionally.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @alb1991 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues with your number port, ports can take up to 10pm of the day they’re scheduled for.

Please let us know if you’re still having issues so we can reach out and take a look.

Tom

Sorry to jump on your thread but I got the message saying my number had transferred from Ee to my ID SIM card yesterday. 

I cannot send text messages and when I send iMessages it is coming through with the number they gave me with the ID sim.

but when using WhatsApp it is showing my number from EE that they said had been transferred. 

really confused 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andy Shawcross,

Welcome to the Community!

It may be worth trying the below steps.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Kash

Why iD Mobile?