Question

How long are contracts for the plan changes I can see offered in my account?

Userlevel 1

I want to change my plan to SIM only. have a selection of plans offered through my account but it doesn’t specify anywhere how long the contracts are - can someone please advise?
Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @nobby,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking at plan changes rather than upgrades your contract term won’t change.

If your contract has already reached it’s minimum term your contract will keep rolling over and you can change the plan every 30 days.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kash - so, to clarify, I’ve finished my contract and looking to change to SIM only plan as happy with my phone. The offers on my account i.e., £X for Ygb etc don’t say how long I get that price for/how long I’d be signing up for?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You should be able to discuss your change/upgrade options with the iD sales team @nobby.

Call on 020 7139 1397, during normal office hours.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @nobby 

@andewhite is correct here, if you want to discuss your upgrade options over the phone, you can call the sales team on 0207 1391 397. 

As for the SIM only plans on the upgrade section of the app, they should specify whether they’re a 12-month deal, a 24-month SIM only deal, or a 30-day rolling contract. 

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

Hi, I spoke to the sales team already and agreed I could change my plan - as I’m out of contract - via my account, but nowhere (I’ve checked 3 times) does it say on the plans offered what term I’d be signing up to - annoying that info is not made available as I’ll have to ring the sales team again!

If it could be fed back to the higher echelons that the terms aren’t shown as it seems quite a big ommission…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @nobby,

If you are upgrading to a SIM only contract it’s likely that it’s a 30 day rolling contract.

Please can you send us a screenshot so that we can check it out?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash,

Screenshot below….

How does that work then? If they are rolling contracts does that mean that I can’t get a guaranteed price for longer? Or does it just roll over at the same price (until???)

Your help appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @nobby 

I believe the above screenshot is showing a plan change, not an upgrade per say.

Meaning the terms of your contract won’t actually change, just the allowances and price.

You wouldn’t be tied in for any longer.

Tom

Userlevel 1

So, mystery solved with a phonecall to Sales - posting here in case helps anyone else!

The page I was on - screenshot above - didn’t give contract lengths but turns out if you go to ‘All upgrade deals’ when you hit on upgrade (rather than ‘change plan’ - which is what I’m doing! - which takes you to the screenshot….) it takes you to all the sim only plans you can get, INCLUDING the contract length.

The website is just very badly designed…..
But we got there in the end :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @nobby 

Glad to hear you got there in the end, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?