Question

How to change sim only plan

• 19 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a 12 month sim only plan which expires 23/11/2023. I want to change so I have a 24 mth plan but at a different data allowance. The instructions says to go yo my account or the app and change it there.

If only it were that simple. as soon as I try to change I get a message to say NO PLANS AVAILABLE, Sorry there are no plans you can currently change to. then an OK button.

The automated online chat was No use whatsoever.

Feeling very frustrated at wanting to give ID more money yet they make it difficult

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you looked at the upgrade options in your iD account, i.e. without a handset?

You can also discuss upgrading with the iD telephone sales team, by calling 020 7139 1397 during normal office hours.

Userlevel 1

I don't get any options. I tried to call that number todabut have to call tomorrow.

Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You might not see any change / upgrade options in your iD account online (and iD app) until the 12-month MINIMUM TERM of your current iD SIM only plan has finished.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NigelBradley 

If you’re on a SIM only plan, you may need to await the contracted term to completely end for upgrade options to appear in the iD Mobile app/website.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I'm sorted thanks. I used the tel number provided by @andewhite (thanks) and it was sorted over the phone.

One thing that frustrates me though is (like some other companies) I would have to leave and rejoin as a hew customer to get any of the contracts offered on the site. 

Whatever happened to looking after your customers? 

Thanks all

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NigelBradley 

Glad to hear you got that sorted.

New customer deals and upgrade deals are usually different, this is often the case.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?