Solved

I have not received my currys voucher of £100

• 1 December 2022
  • 76 replies

Userlevel 1

I have read the community and I keep seeing that everyone is being private messaged. I bought my phone as part of an upgrade and haven’t received the £100 voucher. Please let me know what it is I need to do. The phone was bought directly via your website and I have an email telling me that this was part of the package I believe 

icon

Best answer by Powerhous 7 December 2022, 12:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

76 replies

Userlevel 4

Annoyingly I've went to report all of this with the ombudsman, and I've been advised the issue needs to surpass 8 weeks before it can be investigated and actioned by them, and that's only after you've raised a complaint and followed the ID complaints procedures.

I have absolutely no faith in these vouchers materialising, and it might be a tactical move. IF they are received then a lot of promotions and sales would have ended, i.e something might be reduced down to £100 and in 2-3 weeks time the product might go back to £200, which means the voucher is effectively pointless. It also means if you wait AFTER 30 days  to receive the voucher that you are locked into your contract, which again is dubious.

It's an emailed voucher, how on earth can they say it's "delayed" how is that even possible, it makes no sense? Firstly the promotion was very unclear, then they advised it's received 30 days post promotion, and now it's delayed by a week again? Some customers have been told by the specific date like the 27th and 28th December (such as myself) some have been told today, I used their live chat today and wasn't even given a date and advised it's been passed on to be "escalated". Individual customers are being told completely different things and given the wrong and incorrect information, which means that as a company no one actually seems to know what is actually going on. 

If you haven't already, I would strongly advise using live chat and advising you want to log a complaint and get a complaints reference number. If after 8 weeks they haven't resolved the issue, then contact the ombudsman and make an official complaint. Try and keep info to email and live chat so you have physical evidence with what has been told to you, this will all help.

I am absolutely sick to death of companies thinking that they can get away with things like this! If people don't hold companies accountable, then nothing will ever

Userlevel 1

Hi, adding my name to the list of perplexed customers. It wasn’t clear when I entered the deal on the website, that I would need to wait 30 days post the offer date, for the voucher (I made an assumption in good faith that it came with it, and spotted the terms on a different page after the purchase, when I looked it up myself - there was also no email about the offer) 

That aside, we are on day 30 today, so would be good to get a response from someone from iD, to all of the messages on here from people that are waiting on the voucher, which is part of the deal.

Thanks 

Userlevel 3

Nothing much to add to the discussion, just checking in as yet another customer who hasn't received theirs for visibility.

Userlevel 3

It’s worth noting, also, that the ‘check progress’ page is also misleading; there isn’t one.

There is only the ‘refer a friend’ page.

I’m sure most people are slightly aggrieved that their voucher, as promised, hasn’t arrived - but far more upset at being outright conned by this bogus reward system. 

Userlevel 1

Questioning the professionalism by iD Mobile as the only way to communicate to the company that is providing service is by a community blog.

Chat does not work as I have been waiting 30minutes for a automated response. Here we all are waiting for the email we are entitled to as we have purchased a product with a promised offer.

I will expect my £100 Currys voucher to be delivered today or I would have to escalate this according to Consumer Rights Act.

Userlevel 1

I received my voucher today. Just for update for others to check inboxes etc

Userlevel 3

Yep - I was dismissed by Kash on private message then asked to prove myself by sending them the email they sent me to confirm my reward 

Ombudsman next this is scam territory 

Userlevel 3

Yup. Two hours left until the deadline they've been constantly quoting here has been met - which might I add was not mentioned anywhere during my purchase. If I haven't received anything by then I'm definitely going to be escalating this further as well. The lack of professionalism and utter disregard to the issue iD have displayed here is astounding.

Userlevel 1

I would advise taking a screenshot of the terms and conditions of the deal and screenshots of this thread in case it's deleted after the deadline, which probably won't be met given the lateness of the hour. 

Userlevel 1

Still no sign of my voucher. It's the 16th.

What steps are needed ?

Userlevel 1

I'm currently contacting the consumer ombudsman to see what my options are

Userlevel 1

Just started a new thread as this one says solved. Hopefully we'll get a reply but no holding my breath.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately there is a delay with the gift cards being issued, you should receive these by 08/01/23, we can only apologise at the moment for this, if you haven’t received it by then please let us know.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Vincent Holder @Powerhous @Paultruman1985,

Is this regarding the Pixel 7? If so as per the terms of the promotion.

Promotion runs from 16/11/2022- 29/11/2022. Offer applicable to http://idmobile.co.uk. Digital voucher will be sent to customers nominated email address 30 days post the end of the promo. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. No cash alternative. To qualify for voucher, a valid email address is required. Where device has been returned, eligibility for voucher is no longer valid. Subject to credit check, eligibility, and a minimum term of 24 months on selected plans. Monthly price may increase in line with Consumer Price Index (CPI)+ 3.9%. Standard Network Terms and Conditions apply.

We would advise allowing until 29th December 2022 to receive the voucher.

I hope this helps.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately there is a delay with the gift cards being issued, you should receive these by 08/01/23, we can only apologise at the moment for this, if you haven’t received it by then please let us know.

Tom

Great. Thanks for the update.

Been waiting till today and still no voucher?

Userlevel 4

@Sam Purches they've now provided an update saying it "should" be on the 14th. Initial date given of the 29th December, then by the 8th January, then the 13th January and now the 14th.

Looks like we will need to report to trading standards - you can do this through citizens advice

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stuart Dingwall 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I'm also waiting for my voucher , the voucher was the main reason I choose the contract 

Userlevel 1

Certainly seems that way. You'd have thought ID would be supporting there customers via the community chats and giving support to those who have not received their vouchers...

Userlevel 4

I'd be interested to know if this has been resolved or not?

I've had the same issue. Chat bot doesn't help, live chat continually states "busy" . I've also emailed them directly and had no response.

Really concerning being as it seems many others have had the same issue lookibg on the forum. Seems as if it's intentionally made to be as difficult as possible to retreive it in the hopes people just give up and don't bother chasing. I  bet they'd be your best friend and calling/messaging every other day for an unpaid bill though, funny how that works!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Similar issues here. I have the Pixel 7 offer and waiting on a voucher however have been sent a £100 Currys voucher for a subscription to Virgin Wines via email. I really hope this is not the offer as intended as I'm not interested in wine and isn't as advertised initially. I will wait until end of December but fear that the officer is actually for wine! 

@Powerhous it actually does state what @kash has said regarding the pixel 7 offer. I've read the terms and conditions myself. 

Hey @TheFeds

If you don’t receive your voucher after 30-days which I believe is around the 29/12/22 just let us know here and we’d be happy to help.

Mohammed

Userlevel 4

@Kash

@Kash  You should stop commenting this information as it's incorrect and false. It clearly states in the terms of conditions that the voucher is given with the purchase if bought from a store, or if purchased online the voucher is sent WITH the qualifying purchase. Nowhere on the terms of conditions, on the company website, or on the contract does it state anything about it being sent 30 days post offer. Screenshot below of current offer, that had the exact same terms and conditions as the offer ran in November.

Many people, myself included have chosen this contract specifically for the voucher. It seems this is a massive issue for many. So far I should have had my voucher 2 weeks ago and since then I've had to join this community to raise the issue, speak to your chat bot, wait 2 days and then speak to someone on live chat. Then a conplaint was raised, got a call off someone 3 days later, asked to send in evidence and then I have to wait up to 5 days for them to get back to me...all of this, almost 2 weeks of constant chasing for a voucher that should have been sent with my purchase in the first place

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @simonh1966 & @awinters 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?