Solved

In my account I can only upgrade to a new handset

• 15 April 2024
  • 6 replies

So I am happy with my handset, and was looking at getting Sim only, but in the back end I only have an upgrade option that offers me a new handset with contract. 

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 April 2024, 11:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try calling the iD telephone sales team, @TheRealTomTom

You can contact them on 020 7139 1397, to discuss your upgrade options. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @TheRealTomTom

If your minimum contract period has ended, you can also ‘Change your plan’ to a SIM only plan. 

Here’s some more information on changing your plan: 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Hey @TheRealTomTom

If your minimum contract period has ended, you can also ‘Change your plan’ to a SIM only plan. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

When I do that it changes it to £50 as the only option

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @TheRealTomTom

Thanks,

Nikhil

Perhaps there are some unresolved bugs & issues in the ‘new’ iD app and ‘new’ “My iD Account” online services, @TheRealTomTom

Have you tried speaking to the iD sales team about upgrading your iD plan to SIM only option?

Contact iD telephone sales on 020 7139 1397 or 0800 049 0250.  

In addition, the iD Live Chat team can change your plan.

Hey @TheRealTomTom

Thanks,

Nikhil

Perhaps there are some unresolved bugs & issues in the ‘new’ iD app and ‘new’ “My iD Account” online services, @TheRealTomTom

Have you tried speaking to the iD sales team about upgrading your iD plan to SIM only option?

Contact iD telephone sales on 020 7139 1397 or 0800 049 0250.  

In addition, the iD Live Chat team can change your plan.

I phoned someone who was having trouble with their system. Put me on hold then hung up. I could not be bothered to phone back.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @TheRealTomTom. It’s also worth noting that while you’re able to upgrade to a new phone contract up to 60-days before your plan expires, you can only upgrade to a SIM only deal 30-days before the contract end date.

If you’d like us to double check the date on our end, just let us know here and we’d be happy to send you a PM.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?